Is it possible to sort a repeating group by the values computed inside?

For the users on my platform, they have a datatype that’s a list of numbers. And I’ve got a repeating group that’s displaying the average of that list of numbers. The example:

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 11.49.39 PM

But I’m running into a problem where I want to sort those numbers in descending order. I can’t seem to find a way. Is it even possible to sort by the elements inside a repeating group? Or do I need a separate data type which is literally just the average of each users list of numbers and sort by that instead?

Thanks!

Yeah, Repeating Groups are display elements, not computation elements. In normal web development, we would compute these values before trying to display them. Many workarounds for this, but no satisfactory ones in vanilla Bubble. Welcome to Bubble! (Don’t expect this to be fixed soon, I don’t think anyone at Bubble properly understands this issue, but I keep trying to tell them. In the meantime, check out my various plugins, which are the gold standard for solving things like this, if I do say so myself.)

1 Like

Awesome Keith, glad to know we’ve got something to solve it (: I’m checking out the plugins now.