Is it possible to update a data field based on conditional text?

Hey all :wave:

I’m currently looking for a way to make changes to a data field without having to click/submit a button.

I’m creating a social platform where users can publish content. On each users profile, they have a profile rank which dynamically updates through conditions based on the amount of times they publish content.

I’d like to know if it’s possible to have the profile ranking text dynamically update a users ‘profile rank’ data field without a user having to manually complete an action.

09%20pm

Would appreciate any help.

If I get it right, yes. You can do it.

You can use “Trigger a custom event when data changes” action.

I hope it’s help

Looks great.

The issue I’m having is actually creating a data source for the profile rank given that the field isn’t an input - it’s just a text field.

Is it possible to have a logic that’s similar to; current users ‘profile rank’ is text field ‘profile rank’.

Cheers

What @eren suggests is exactly the solution. What they don’t show is what you would do in the “Make Changes to User” step.

If Profile Rank is a field on User and you simply want to increment the Profile Rank counter, the step would look like this:

You don’t need an input for that. We’re just doing the equivalent of:

a = a + 1

1 Like

I understand now. I was under the impression that I was able to write the logic for all profile ranking scores in one event.

I’ve created a unique events on page load for each profile ranking parameter and it worked a treat - thank you!

Would you know if it’s possible to also add a date function into this ranking system? As mentioned, the profile ranking is determined by how many time a user completes an event (publishes a post).

Is it possible to reset their post count at the end of every week, meaning they’d move back to the initial profile ranking?

Would appreciate any help.

Of course its possible. I haven’t seen how you set it up, but I think you need changes to the database. This resource can help you.

That’s possible, if you’re not in the Professional plan, you’ll have to upgrade your plan. And you can learn more by reading this article.

It’s up to you how you want it to be, you can manipulate your data in many ways.

Best,

Thanks, will look into it.

Appreciate your help on this one :raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.