Is it possible to use a calculated field of a RG as dynamic values for another element?

Hello,

I have just noticed that it is not possible to select the values of a calculated field from a RG as dynamic values for another element (example: a dropdown list or chart). Is this rigth?

Let me explain. I was trying to put into a line chart the accumulated values up to day, for some records grouped by day. This could give me a view of the trend of the values along the time, grouped by day.

But when trying to select the RG as the data source, I found two problems:

• The first one is that the RG didnt show up at first, because GROUPING was not an option in Type of Data. So I had to change the type of data of the RG Grouped from Grouping to another Data Type, and then select it on the Chart menu. After this everything works perfect, but it is a little bit confusing. Am I supposed to do it another way?

• Second issue is that after being able to select the RG as the data source, I cant select the calculated value (the accumulated value) as the source for the Value Expression. I can just select the values which are stored on the database. I tried also to select this calculated value as dynamic options for a dropdown menu, but again, I couldnt select it.

So my questions are, how can I achieve what I want to graph?

Is there a way to select the calculated field of a RG in other elements? If not, why? Wouldnt it be nice to have?

And finally, regarding the selection of the RG Grouped as Data source, is the way I did it correct? Isnt it confusing?

Here is a link to the app: Testcharts | Bubble Editor

Thanks in advance for your help. Hope I made myself clear.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.