Is text field that is dynamically generated via "search for" accessible to other fields?

Hi Everyone,

Title says it all, I am pulling data into a repeating group, and a few of the fields are search for(where the ID of the current field = a field in another table). This works fine and has been helpful but if I want to access the search for results, I’m unable to.

Is there a way to do this?

Hey Gautam :wave:

Not sure about your exact usecase, but maybe this awesome plugin could help?

1 Like

Hi Vlad,

Thank you so much. I am looking at the plug in and figuring out how to use it. It looks really cool, I’m trying to learn how to use it. First plugin for me but I’ll try my best! Thank you so much for sharing Vlad!

1 Like

Good to hear :sunglasses:

Plugins are great, we love em too :grin:

It seems really cool! Thanks again Vlad!

I was playing around and it looks really really cool, but it seems like it needs to trigger a workflow for the data to come out? I was just trying to access the data in the repeating group (that I’m matching using a search query). I’m confused if I can do it without having to force a user to click or run a workflow.

I’m still playing around through. Thanks for your help!

It’s so weird, and probally a gap in my understanding but I can access items in a repeating group but they need to be items that can be accessed directly. If I display data through a search, I cannot seem to access that result. :frowning:

Here is a example of what I’m trying to do. I have two searches in a repeating group then I merge the results. I want to aggregate the merged result but I cannot seem to call the variables that are “searched for…” or merged.