Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Issues not Registering for Deleted Elements

Hey there,

It looks like I accidentally deleted a database item a few days back and I keep finding remnants of the mistake. The app will show (Project = example - deleted) but it is not registering as an “issue”.

Is there any way to reset the error/issue notifications?

Best,
Noah

Hi there @noah2,

I don’t think it’s ever actually registered as an issue before. I’ve never reported it to Bubble, maybe report it to see if that’s the intended behavior?

1 Like

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate the feedback and will update the thread with any conclusion.

Here is the solution from the Bubble Team:

Thanks so much for reaching out! This is actually a known behavior within the editor that I’m happy to shed a little more light on.Essentially, these deleted fields appearing with the “- deleted” tag at the end of their names are what we would refer to as “soft-deleted fields” — we don’t delete them completely in case users deleted them by accident or realize they need them again in the future, which is also why the issue checker is not set up to flag them.

However, there are some workarounds to help you remove these deleted references entirely:

1. The first method is to use the “Optimize Application” feature, which you can access by going to your Bubble editor’s Settings > General tab, and then scrolling to the bottom of the page. This feature will highlight all instances where soft-deleted fields (and other things like unused plugins) appear in your app and offer the option to delete those permanently in bulk.
  2. The second method is more of a preventative measure to use before deleting a field. Essentially, you would want to use the App search tool (the magnifying glass icon at the top right of your Bubble editor) to search for all the instances where the fieldis used, delete those manually, and then proceed with deleting the field itself.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.