Hey bubble community!
I’ve decided to try a fun experiment. I’m going to build an app in 2 weeks and document the process on the forum. My goal is to program for at least 2 hours per day. I’ll post my questions in other sections of the forum, but I’ll post my daily update in this thread.
I’ve “built” the app in powerpoint and have a customer that wants to use the app and pay $150 per month for it. He’s also paid for the deposit and the launch date is two weeks away!!
I’ve played around with bubble, some APIs, etc, but never build a full app that someone was going to use.
I think that posting here will be a good way to keep my accountable, will be a good learning resource for other that want to do this, and also be a good way for me to get help from the bubble community along the way.
The tool is called the CallBoss. It’s part FAQ, part decision tree, and par marketing automation. It’s a pre-CRM tool that guides the CSR (the person who answers the phone for an HVAC business) around what to say when a person calls. It automates the followup, gets rid of paper notes, and people using their memory to remember what to say, etc.
Here are some screenshots of the app.
Here are the features that have to be built
- Navigation and logic. Each part of the call is documented and they all have to flow together. Many of the elements of how the call flow is dependent on previous parts of the call.
- Save data about a call and display it later in the call. This might be use parameters, I’m not sure yet.
- Integration with outlook. Part of the call is going to be the CSR booking appointments for the sales person. Thus, I’ll need to pull in their existing calendar and also take data from CallBoss to put into a new event.
- Send emails automatically with dynamic data based on what happened during the call.
- Accounts for different CSR
- Setting up a subdomain. In this case “customername.getcallboss.com”
- Future: Saving all of the data of what is clicked and when in the app to the database so that call analytics can be run.
Here’s my timeline for development and why I picked this timeline. I’d love anyone’s thoughts on this.
- Outlook integration. This will be the hardest part, so it makes sense to me to do this first.
- Build the navigation and logic of the call. I don’t see this to be a huge challenge, thought it could be time-consuming. Some of the workflows for the condition logic could be tricky.
- Build the database so that data enter can be saved for a specific call and also displayed later in the call. I need to have the data posting to the database before building and testing the emails.
- Send emails automatically. Build the ability for emails to be sent based on the database and logic of the app.
- After this, everything will mostly be built so I can build the account creation process.
One question. I’ve left the account log/in creation process to the end. Is this the wrong strategy?