Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Jquery text rotator in Bubble?

I see there is a Bubble plugin for JqueryUI. Would this allow me to insert a simple Javascript text rotator on a page? Something like “Looking for a good French/Mexican/Indian/Vegetarian Restaurant?”, where the type of cuisine rotates every two seconds. If “Yes”, I’ll hire someone to implement it for me. If “no”, I’ll use a different headline.

I don’t know whether there’s some simple Jquery plugin to do this in Bubble. Perhaps there is and I just don’t know about it.

That said, you could set-up a headline to change that word every 2 seconds and, if you wanted, a corresponding image. That’s a fairly straightforward in Bubble once you learn the ropes.

Following your suggestion, I was able to achieve the effect I wanted using Bubble’s tools.

First I created two text elements and placed them on either side of the text that I want to rotate.

1. “Looking for a good”
  2. “restaurant?”

I then created and placed a Carousel element between these two elements, after I installed the Slick Carousel plug-in. This carousel contains four static images. Each image is of a word, styled at the same font and size as the styled text already on the page. (French.img; Italian.img; Mexican.img; Indian.img). These “words” now appear in the carousel. I turned off the navigation arrows and the dots on the carousel properties, and set the animation speed and length of the slider display.

The different cuisines now appear to change/cycle inside the sentence "Looking for a good French/Mexican/Indian/Vegetarian Restaurant?

I don’t know if this is the “right” way to do it, but it works!