Limitations of scheduled api workflows

HI,
I have been trying to figure out what the limitations are of the personal plan where it says “run monthly”

This exact question was asked here

but no one responded.

Just so it is here as well, my question is, does run monthly mean you can only run one scheduled workflow per month? Or is it one scheduled workflow per month per user?

Basically, I have an API that needs to get called every time a user signs up for my platform but that API for that user won’t need to be rerun for at least a month so if “run monthly” applies per user then I am golden. If one user uses up that once per month limit then even the run daily option wouldn’t even work for me (assuming “run daily” means once per day), as I eventually will have many users signing up in one day.

If someone can define the exact limitations and definitions of “run monthly” and “run daily” that would be much appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

The limit of running monthly is for recurring workflows that run every month. It’s not only have one workflow scheduled per month.

Hope that helps. You should be fine with your use case.

Learn no code → nocodify.com

Fantastic. Thanks for your reply.

@Nocodify
Do you know how to answer this question I have posted?

Thanks

Looks like your question was answered :slight_smile:

Yes it was. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, but if you wouldn’t mind taking a look at my most recent question in that same thread, I would really appreciate it.

Following the question of @paul29,
could you please explain me better this point?

Basically, I have an API that needs to get called every time a user signs up for my platform but that API for that user won’t need to be rerun for at least a month so if “run monthly” applies per user then I am golden. If one user uses up that once per month limit then even the run daily option wouldn’t even work for me (assuming “run daily” means once per day), as I eventually will have many users signing up in one day.

I use an “API Workflow” that gets scheduled based on a specific date (for example payment date + 30 days). On 30th day the already scheduled “API workflow” runs it and the new scheduling for the same “API workflow” is that specific 30th date + 30 days and so on.
Having the personal plan, will I have any problems running this “API Workflow”?

Following a picture of what I’m asking

Thank you in advance

Hi @dario.pratola,
I am not an expert on this. I do not know the exact rules that bubble uses to determine where the crossover is for “monthly”. It is possible that they run off of the calendar month and each month on average has 365.25/12 = 30.4375 days. It is possible that with you setting it to run every 30 days, that during a month that has 31 days, bubble won’t allow you to run it.

I would do 1 or all of these four things:

1. Email bubble and ask them directly as to how this “monthly” rule is set
  2. Set up a dummy workflow to send you an email every 30 days and see if you get one when the current month has 31 days in it
  3. Change your workflow to run every 31 days
  4. Have it run on today’s day plus a month (instead of + 30 days)

Hope that helps

Forgot to mention. If you do email bubble and they give you the specific, please reply back here as I wouldn’t mind knowing the answer plus anyone else who is searching something similar to you.

I am on the personal plan and I run multiple scheduled API workflows that reschedule themselves for the next day without any problem. This limit only applies to the recurring even action.

Great!
Thank you for the quick answer!!

Dario

I am still a bit confused.
Is there a way to run a recurring API workflow every 1 min or 5 mins to check status or process some job queue?