Linking Data Types Types

Hey all,

This is my first time posting on in the bubble community. I am working on an application for a medical lab. Here is my dilemma, I can’t figure out how to link fields from different data types to each other.

Here is how my data is structured:

• Each office is assigned a route
  • Each pickup must contain the details to the office where the pickup occurred

I want to link these elements in a way that I can pull the data into pages via dropdowns and create pickups under offices.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best,
Maximilian

You mean, like this?

I made a little video “demo”.

2 Likes

I’d have a field called Office that is type Office under Pickup instead of having all those Office fields again. They’re already under Office and I assume they’re not going to change per Pickup? Just like you have a Route field (type Route) under Office and under Pickup.

When creating a Pickup, you can select an Office from a dropdown or search of Offices and set the Pickup’s Office field to equal the selected value.

Hope this helps.

Gaby | Coaching Bubble
Private coaching, courses, and tons of free resources

1 Like

In a sense yes, I have tried this. But I am having an issue understanding how that works exactly because a office has many fields so when I create a new field under the pickup and title it route how do I then pull the details to that office into a pickup page. Let me know if that’s unclear!

I think it is more straight-forward than you think. Or I am misunderstanding your question. You can tell Bubble to display This Office’s Pickups list, for instance. Assuming Pickups is a list field with type Pickup.

Gaby’s video here is not exactly what you are asking but could it give you an idea?

3 Likes

That was a great help, thank you!

1 Like

hey gaby, saw your video on parent group, using user data type only, is it possible to group two different datatype together ? thanks