I have tested it over a couple hundred times as there are 8 different product categories that this logic is working on. During the tests, I first try one category and if it works, I continue testing the other 7 categories.
What I notice is that sometimes it works correctly, which to me indicates the logic is correct, and other times it doesn’t work correctly, where the list of images either never gets set to the correct number or even after getting set to the correct number, the list is then changed somehow.
I have absolutely no workflow events on the page that would be causing the images to be removed from the list.
To test for the idea that it is logic, I added another workflow event to be triggered around 10 seconds after the list should have been set, to basically set the list a second time to just ensure it as all the images necessary…even with this the issue persists.
The problem is that I have things on page to hide/show based on the count of the list of images, I am able to see clearly that sometimes the list goes from 13 to 8 to 11. That to me is the strangest thing, the fact that I can see it is set correctly, and then changes randomly…and this didn’t start happening after I added to the workflow to set the list a second time, it was happening before that and after that.
What I would ultimately like to find out is if there is a way with the API workflow to make sure all the images created will be set in the image_list.
This is how I have set up the API workflow to try and save the images to the list…this because of the lag time in the creation of the images seems to be a place to cause some problems, but was one of only a couple of ways to get the images to save to the list.
Another way was to create another api endpoint to run
I used this endpoint on the first endpoint
At first test this seemed to be a solution, as things were getting added to list quicker and while conducting the first rounds of tests was working, until the 5 test when the count of the list again started to change.
The other thing is that there are no images being saved at this point. The data being created as shown in the screen shots is just data such as texts. What I am doing is creating a set of images ( without images attached ) to use as an image guide for users to upload specific types of images like so
So the issue isn’t necessarily with images as a type because I have been only really saving words and numbers up to this point. It is at this point that the user would be uploading the images, which I have no problems getting the data saved correctly.
So, I am really stuck on this. I’ve submitted a bug report, but was hoping the forum could lead to other experiences.