Live Client ID in Stripe

Quick Newbie Question. What is the Live Client ID in Stripe and how do I find it?

If I understand you, you would login into your Stripe account, and under username on right side, choose “account settings”, then go to the “Connect” tab, and choose “platform setting”, and choose the development id key or production id when live. I hope that is what you were asking for.

Be well,

Lane

1 Like

Thanks will give this a try!!

Ok so one more quick question.

If I set up two subscription levels, and a user wanted to upgrade from level 1 to level 2, would I have to cancel the current user’s subscription and then start a new subscription, or would this happen automatically? What would the workflow look like for a subscription upgrade?

I do not know how to do this in bubble, because I’m a newbie, but here’s the documentation on Stripe, how it’s run https://stripe.com/docs/api#update_subscription

Be well,

Lane

1 Like

No, no need to cancel. Just subscribe him to the new plan and the action is smart enough to know if the users should be upgraded/downgraded or subscribed.

4 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the help!!

Ok another couple of questions. When a user changes a subscription level, do we set the workflow to first cancel the current user’s plan? Or do we just subscribe the user to the other plan and the system will be able to figure it out?

Second question do we have to tell the system to charge after collecting CC information and subscribing them to a plan? Or is this workflow step redundant?

Just want to make sure I am setting up this system correctly.

for 1) it’s the same question, same answer: “No, no need to cancel. Just subscribe him to the new plan and the action is smart enough to know if the users should be upgraded/downgraded or subscribed.”

for 2), what are you trying to do. Generally speaking, things are simpler than you think:
a) collect CC just collects CC, doesn’t charge
b) subscribe subscribe a user and makes sure the card is up to date on file
c) charge using saved CC charges a user with a saved CC

2 Likes

Nice got it working. It all makes sense.

So when a person cancels a subscription do they get a prorated refund automatically? I don’t see a workflow about that.

It depends on your stripe settings. The cancel action cancel the plans… What stripe does is not a question for Bubble, but for stripe.