Looking for UI/UX suggestions for number entry (weight/height) UI and DB setup (Imperial vs Metric)

Hi ,

Wondering if anyone has come across nice implementation/plugins for capturing user height/weight in Bubble?

Something like the following appeals to me, but can’t seem to find the right plugin for a ‘rolodex’ style number input:

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 1.37.47 pm
Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 1.37.51 pm
Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 1.37.55 pm

Also appreciate any advice on anyone has on storing imperial vs metric, should I store both, should I store once, and then convert or calculate in UI based on user preferences?

Thanks!

Bump :frowning:

These are often called spinners but there’s not a ton of Bubble UI element plugins. Perhaps someone will recommend one here.

But also, what’s wrong with numeric inputs? Personally I find interfaces like this fiddly/dumb. I’m 5 ft 11 in, I can press Five One One a lot faster than I can spin those dumb wheels.

1 Like

Yeh, I did some research with users and they agree - so i’m happy with the text input fields although feet/inches is awkward - needs maybe 2 fields so so can store properly?(maybe one day the Americans will switch to metric with the rest of the world :sweat_smile: )

Do you have any advice on database structure for recording height? Eventually users would be able to choose imperial or metric for height, but not sure how to store in db… Would i need seperate fields for

• height (cm)
  • height_inches
  • height_feet

or would i have height (inches/feet) and just store as a decimal e.g. 5.11 - although this makes validation on the UI side harder …

I’ve tried to research this on the internet thinking it would be a fairly common problem with a fairly uniform solution, but am not really finding anything definitive

Thanks !

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.