Make rows in Repeating Group be responsive to content length

Hi there — I’m working in the new(ish) responsive editor, and trying to figure out how to make my rows be shorter or taller based on the length of text in them.

Is there any way to achieve this? I feel like I could in the old editor, but maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

So you need to set the minimum height of the rows on the appearance tab to something small (i.e. no higher than what you want the smallest row to be.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 11.46.06 am

Then on the layout tab you need to check “Fit height to content”, which will cause those rows that have 10 lines for instance to grow as needed, but those rows that have 1 line to be only as tall as needed.

You obviously need to make sure that your text boxes and any other groups you have within the repeating group are set in a similar fashion, as they can also have an impact on your row height.

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

Hey Josh — Thanks for your help! I’m still running into a bit of an issue though.

The textbox that I’ve got in the Repeating Group doesn’t offer me the same options that any other textbox does. It seems like I’ve got to input a specific height; there’s no way to make it flexible.

The reason for this is that the parent container type (i.e. your repeating group) is set to fixed.

You need to change that to say ROW and then you’ll have the ability to set things dynamically for the text box.

If you set any groups to fixed, automatically all of the child groups / elements will also be fixed

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.