Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Manually review/approve listings after submission

Hello,

I’ve been following Brent’s Airbnb course (very useful) as a guide to build a platform with similar functionality.

When a user submits a listing on my platform, I’d like to manually review and approve (or reject) listings before they go live on the marketplace - in the users dashboard, after they submit their listing, there will be 3 states – pending, approved and rejected (with the ability to see a reason as to why the listing has been rejected).

Are there any existing use cases or guides which can help me implement such a system?

Thanks

I can’t think of any specific guides, but just make sure you structure the data correctly, and then always reference it correctly as well. Basic example:

Data:
Listing
Reason for Rejection: (text)

When a User creates a listing, Status=pending
Then in the repeating group that shows all your listings publicly, be sure to filter by Status=approved

On an Admin dashboard, show a repeating group for pending Listings, filtered by Status=pending
Then a spot for you to change the status to Approved or Rejected. And a text input (or dropdown) to write the reason for rejection

Geoff | Wolfer Tech
Check out
The Best Selling Bubble Template
The Most Used Bubble Template (FREE)

Thanks for the reply! May attempt to build this myself and then get someone in to help me for the bits I struggle with.

So I’ve begun work on this, and I currently have a ‘Listing’ Data Type. Should I add a new ‘rejection’ field, or a ‘pending’ yes/no field?

How do I create this logic: Status=pending after a user creates listing?

I’ll build a simple admin dashboard with listings, but how can I control access to only the ‘admin’ account? Also, should I create different repeating groups, e.g.

• Repeating group for APPROVED listings (I can then delete listings directly from here, if necessary)
• Repeating group for PENDING listings (I can approve/reject - with a rejection reason)
• Perhaps a repeating group for REJECTED listings (I can view all past rejected listings, and delete them from the DB if necessary?

Thanks!

Edit: This feature has now been implemented - Nigel was able to help me out.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.