Merge "Development" Version with Live Version

Hi - I’m trying to override my current development version with the live version of my app. This will sync my Development version with the Live version.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I tried forking my other version called “bandaids”, but it wanted me to go through thousands of revisions. It would be better to just delete it and load the current live version.

I believe you can use the “Copy and Restore Database” to achieve this.

This looks to restore the database. I need the Live app copied to Development, not the database.

Unless there’s some hidden feature I haven’t seen, this isn’t possible.

Your best bet is to look at the deploy date of your live version, and then go to your dev version and revert it back to that time, assuming the time is within the backup period that you have for your plan.

I would like to revive this thread. I don’t use the “Development” branch at all in favor of feature-specific branches all based off “Live.”

This doesn’t present an issue until Bubble requires we do something i.e. upgrade our Bubble app version specifically from the Development branch. Pinging @Bubble team. :pray:

Agreed - this is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. @sarabeth , please post the outcome when you connect with Bubble team.

Will do if I hear from them!

I’ve created a related post here: Reliable way to diff two branches/versions

Hey there, thanks for flagging! We do have a sync with Live feature, which allows you to sync Development versions with what is currently on Live. It also lists the conflicts between the two versions and prompts you to choose which version’s option you’d like to keep for each conflict.

Alternatively, if you’d like to completely overwrite your Dev version with what’s on Live, you may export your Live version as JSON, and import it into the Development version.

I hope this helps! Feel free to reach out at support@bubble.io if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to assist.

any new or insights on this issue?

I had success with exporting the live version to a file and then importing it as the new version on the development branch.