Mobile first - Bubble direct to mobile

Greetings Bubble community-

I have what I believe is a fantastic concept but am currently going down the web app path and have been lately considering this decision. Can bubble be used to focus on mobile first? or are we strictly looking at the entire platform as a progressive web type platform/system?

With Kind Regards,
Ray

1 Like

Hi @raynellbell

You can design mobile webapps with Bubble and if need be wrap them into native apps in the stores (and even access some of the phones native functionalities). Only catch is they do not work offline. So … for strictly offline use cases Bubble would not work as a standalone platform. Think of mobile offline use cases like inspection apps in mines, off-grid construction sites, etc. Nowadays, most mobile devices have online access so these are good news for most app concepts.

Thank you!

This app would not fall into that use case… I just have not seen any templates out there that are mobile first… might you have a suggestion?

You can approach your project as a platform. Bubble can be used for your front end website, for your desktop user pages, and for a mobile-only webapp.

Perhaps this micro-saas side project can serve as a reference >

https://newqontroles.bubbleapps.io/version-test

Qontroles - Seguimiento a No Conformidades

2 Likes

I made a starter kit.

4 Likes