Multiple data points in a chart

Is there a way to show multiple data points in a chart?
For instance, I have 5 ionic sliders (on a 10 point scale) each representing a unique category. I’d like to show these 5 categories on a single bar chart and have each category show the sum of each input from the slider.

So, the X-Axis would have 5 values representing each slider, and the Y-Axis would show the sum (or average) of all the inputs for each X-axis category. As of right now, I’ve only figured out how to show a single value in a chart, not multiple.

I can’t upload an image which would make this question far easier.

What you’re trying to do is to have a complex expression defining the Y-value, is that right? If so, we don’t support that yet, but that’s something we’d like to add. Let me look into it.

Hi,
I’m trying to do something similar to what GTR was trying except it’s even easier. I don’t need to average anything or make computations, just display multiple numeric inputs entered with sliders as values, and the category name as a label- all in one chart. Is there a way to do this?

Hello,
Has this feature been enabled yet? Using the 2 charts below as an example, I’d like to have the data from both charts in one chart. Basically a multi-line chart. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Will

Hey there, Will… it is possible with the amCharts plugin… give that plugin a shot and see what you think.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hey @mikeloc,
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give it a go.

In the interim I just kinda hacked a quick and dirty solution together. I removed all elements of the second chart except for the line, set the background to transparent, changed the line colors and moved the second chart up as an overlay of the first. I know, very dirty solution. But hey, it works! :rofl:

-Will

2 Likes

I’ve seen a post or two in the past where folks talked about overlaying two graphs, but I thought they couldn’t get it to work well for one reason or another. I certainly respect a good hack, though, and like you said, it works! Ship it! :slight_smile:

1 Like