My padding isn't working

Hello :slight_smile:

I am trying to achieve this type of padding around my buttons like I have done in the below picture in a different element →
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.21.31

But this time it doesn’t seem to be responding to anything:
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.19.37

I have no fixed width or height on my buttons… so theoretically they should shrink to comply with the padding but they don’t… it only works if I allow the blue coloured group to have no Max height, but I want this group to be very big.
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.18.29

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 22.18.12

Any help appreciated!!

If you’re talking about the buttons not shrinking, it’s cause those have their own padding inside (note the shaded area inside the button). That would be changed in the style settings for that button

If you’re talking about the blue group not getting taller, looks like it’s fixed height

1 Like

Hey @SheenaTarrant
Maybe check the ‘Line Spacing’ value isn’t too high (around 1 to 2 should suffice), also probably not the case, but just double check it hasn’t get any conflicting element ID assigned that is pulling in some custom CSS.

Also, is there possibly a condition that is setting some other values e.g. height or padding. Not sure what you’ve got on the element settings itself for padding or margins and also the containing group (assuming it a row setup). Cheers

1 Like

thank you :grinning:

thanks for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.