Native App - Getting GPS location in background

I’m looking at a client project that requires Strava like functionality for tracking a users location via GPS and to be wrapped as a native App.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to continue to track and store the GPS location when the user has their screen off with the App running in the background as this is essential for this project?

2 Likes

I need the same, did you find any plugins that did the trick?

Would also love this…

@JohnMark can Jasonelle do this?

I’ve looked at the other frontend no-code builders and it seams no one does it. I though AppGyver might but no-go

Unfortunately not. The air native plugin from Zeroqode gives access to GPS which is great but not in the background.

When I built a taxi booking app I found out that this feature is not possible in bubble, even if the user switch between apps the bubble connection is lost and so the GPS.

@siddharth @richard16 @chad5 @mloveland33
Hello makers! This might be interested for you Geolocation - Natively Docs

2 Likes

Can you confirm that if I create a Native app with Natively that I can pass the geolocation of the user to the bubble backend without the user having the app open on the screen?

How is the web hook set?

@chad5 Yes, Natively allows passing the geolocation of the user to the bubble backend without the user having the app open on the screen (background location)

The detailed documentation on webhook settings is here - Geolocation - Natively Docs

2 Likes