Need checkbox to make button clickable

I am almost too embarrassed to post this as it is so simple. It doesn’t seem simple in Bubble; I’ve tried everything.

I have a checkbox item and a button. When the checkbox is checked, the button is clickable; when the checkbox is unclicked, the button is not clickable. Upon load, the checkbox is unchecked and the button is not clickable. That’s it.

I’ve tried conditions and custom states. There must be a step I’m missing. (Or, I’m STILL not understand how to use states). Could someone kindly give me the exact steps to do the above-mentioned actions?

Thank you very much. I don’t know what I’d do without this forum.

Hi there, @susanjean05… if I understand your post correctly, a simple condition on the button element should do the trick.

First, on the Appearance tab of the button element, check the This element isn’t clickable checkbox. Then, add a condition to the button element that says when the checkbox is checked, select the This element isn’t clickable option, and leave that option’s checkbox unchecked.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

The standard bubble checkbox has a “this checkbox should be checked” field. Check that, and set a conditional for your button for the workflow to run only when this checkbox is clicked or valid, the standard checkbox should come with a conditional that makes the boxshadow color red if it isn’t valid, if not I would add that so the user gets the hint.

checkbox

Oh my goodness; it worked. I did go down that route at one point, but when I saw only the option to make the button unclickable, I didn’t think there was a way to make it clickable again. Now, I know that you simply leave the option unchecked when creating the condition.

Thank you, Mike!

1 Like

Thank you, na811! I DID notice the red border around the checkbox that appears when it isn’t checked. It’s a great way to give the user a “hint”!

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.