I am planning to ask my dance community to start testing MVP that I have built. Before I do that I wanted to ask experienced bubblers about the best way to approach such beta testing phase.
a) How should I prepare the process for gathering bug reports (should I just use google forms). For displaying current bugs and requested features I will be using Trello. Do you have a better ideas?
b) What would be the easiest way to create a repeating events functionality. So far the way I build it is by using parent
Event type and then children
Repeating Event type which holds a reference to the parent. I had to use several plugins for this system to work and it is something that bothers me. I could not find any other, easier way. You can have a look at it in the workflows in my dashboard . See screenshots. Thease are all workflows in red, orange and brown color in the dashboard.
c) Do you see issues down the road already looking at the way I:
- filter for events (I am using state variables instead of url route params)
- show event details (I use pop-up instead of creating a unique page for each event)
- work with database (I do not have any back-end dashboard to display statistics about users, their activities etc). Do we maybe have some templates I could look at. And is it true that I should not work directly with the db entries?
The app is supposed to be a dance events (classes, parties, dance festivals) catalogue where a) organisers can promote their events and b) users can easily find events in their cities (for now testing only few German cities). The catalogue is focused on latin dance community so it is not supposed to show any dance events. These events are focused on salsa, bachata, zouk, kizomba dance communities.
- Organiser can add their event
- Organiser can add their event and repeat the event on daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Organiser has to be a paid user to add events (for now when you register you are automatically subscribed to a paid plan)
- User can filter events in the catalogue by city, date, dance style (bachata, salsa), dance type (for now class or party. In the future festivals, workshops, weekend meetups which smaller festivals)
- User can view event details without being registered or paying
I welcome all improvement ideas from a), b) and c) as well as any cool Idas you see where it could be an easy low hanging fruit but could add a lot of value to the MVP or later v2 or v3.
I understand that what I am asking for is a lot and we have only so much free time to help others, so any advice is really appreciated.