Need help to build a search function

Hello Everyone!

I am building a job portal and I want to know how I could create a search function on my homepage so that the users could search the title and location of the job respectively, so that they do not have to browse all the jobs.

Use the search input element to create a search index.

On the repeating group you can set a constraint (click on your data source, i.e. Do Search for User). And then set a constraint to match the Title = searchbox’s input

1 Like

Thanks a lot buddy! I’ll try it.

Hi @rohitwadhwani17,

For this, I believe you are trying to send some search parameters to another page that displays a repeating group with the filters?

If so - on your index page, you’ll want to add parameters on page navigation. So when your User clicks the “Search” button, you’ll navigate to another page, and send page parameters. The parameters would be the title and location.

It’s a little more in-depth, but we have an exact tutorial for this at nocodify.com.

Hope that helps get things started,

Tal

1 Like

Thanks Man! Will check that.

Hey there!

If you need to do a search and search for multiple fields I recommend taking a look at the Search & Autocorrect plugin. Here is an example of it: How to: Search & Autocorrect

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

Hope that helps! :blush:

Halo J805. Hope all is well.

I am trying to build an educational forum which in summary works similar to this bubble forum and hope you could give me tips and assistance here and there…

I have included a search and Autocorrect which, I would like it to search through the different 1. Questions , 2. Topics relating to a particular 3. Module.
When I type on the Search and autocorrect it does not show any results . I am not sure what I did or didn’t do but it does not show any results. This is the link to my app and hope it will be sufficient for you to help me with my issue and to also most importantly help me improve my app.

Thank you in advance.

Hey there :wave:

It is a little hard to tell from just looking at the preview instead of the editor.

I did notice one thing though. You are using the “Search Box Input” when you should be just using a regular “input” element on the screen. You can see how I did it by copying this example:

Editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=searchfuzzy&id=805testapp42&tab=tabs-1

Preview: https://805testapp42.bubbleapps.io/version-test/searchfuzzy?debug_mode=true