Need help with conditional formatting

I have two dropdowns. Depending on the value selected, I get either a 1, 2 or 3 in a field. I want another field to return a certain value depending on the values produced from the dropdown selection. But the fields produced as a result of the dropdown selection show in the debugger to have a value of 0. What am I doing wrong?

Can you post screen shots?

Here is a screenshot. The values beside the dropdown appear based on the dropdown. I then want a field to give me the greater of the two values produced as a result of the dropdown choices.

Try using an input field (disabled) instead of a text field if you need a calculation

Thanks. I’ll try that.

So I still can’t figure it out. I’ve attached a screenshot. When I select the shoulder dropdown, it gives me value based on conditional formatting in the Shoulder text box to the right. Then, I want the result text cell to give me a different value based on the one that shows up in the shoulder box. But when I look at the value in the debugger, it says that the value in the shoulder text box is empty. Do I need to do something to trigger this to update for the results box?

It still appears that you are using a text field instead of an input field…these text fields can make a calculation, but you can’t make a calculation from a text field’s text result.

Thanks Robert. Your explanation makes sense. I will play around with an input field to see if I can figure out the logic.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.