Need help with new app - Scanning PDF

Hi All,

I am soon to start on a new app. One of the key features of the app is the ability to scan financial statements (PDF) and categorise items into a datatype. Similar to a .CSV upload.

For example:

1. user upload pdf
  2. app scan the pdf and categorise based on headings in the financial statement for example: Sale or revenue, expenses, asset, liability, etc.
  3. the app would display the result for the user to verify and fix any errors then save it into a data type.

Question:

1. is this too ambitious for Bubble?
  2. anyone willing to help me with this? (for a fee of course)

Hey @hello.plannwin :wave:

I believe what you are looking for is an OCR service. There are some plugins that can help you, like this one maybe: https://zeroqode-demo-12.bubbleapps.io/ocr

You can test that one out to see if you can work with the data or not.

OCR is very tricky when you don’t know what format the data will be uploaded in.

I hope that can at least get you started in the right direction. There are a few different plugins that you can check out if you search for OCR.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials

@J805

Thanks, that’s the path I am looking at but like you say it would be tricky.

Would you be available to help?

1 Like

I can try. I can’t guarantee that it’s going to work 100% of the time because of the variation in documents. :man_shrugging:t2::blush:

@hello.plannwin @J805

I would implement OCR and knowing that there will be instances where it will fail … do those manually behind an admin dashboard.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.