Need performance tip. Workflow loads 10+ seconds

So, and not to outstay my welcome on this thread :wink: - I could move that first step to the backend?

What would I pass the backend WF to get the form info in there? Currently I’m passing the updated post create in Step 1

You can do it like that, if you want to create a post on the backend you would just have to pass each piece of data back.

So your backend workflow would have these keys:

Description - Text
URL - Text
TagList - ListOfTags
Votes - Number
Image - Image

Then assign them to the new post that you create on the backend.

You may not see a noticeable difference in speed at some point. So it might be just as quick to create a new post and send it to the backend to finish the rest of the steps. It’s up to you. :blush:You can try out both ways as an experiment to see if it even changes the speed at all.

Hope that helps. :blush:

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks!

If interested, the finished (for now) app is at https://swipelisted.com. Comments/suggestions welcome! About = https://swipelisted.com/about

I’m not a developer, though I was 30 years ago before I became a tech marketer, so I’m pretty pleased with this.

Whenever your workflow creates new records or deletes and you wants this to automatically be seen by the user do steps in backend otherwise you have to refresh page . Also if workflow call external API which generally are asynchronous ie email, again do it in the backend so that user doesnt need to wait.

1 Like

I have a lot of backend workflow that related to import processing and data reporting and yes I running on dedicated bubble server .

Cool. Congratulations! :balloon::confetti_ball::champagne::tada:

Almost there. How do I pass the tags?

Here’s how they are defined in the popup. I’m using the multidropdown plugin:

On your backend workflow make sure your ‘tags’ key is type Tag. Not text. Also, make sure it’s checked as a list. Then you can pass the list back. :blush:

It worked! One last question (sorry!) - Can I show my alert and close the popup and redirect before calling the backend WF? There still seems to be a 2-second pause before I see the alert - not sure if the page is blocking on the back-end WF.

I would actually put the alert first, then schedule the API workflow.

Also I would remove step 3, 4, and 5 since it’s not necessary if you are just going to change the page anyways.

Does that make sense? :blush:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes
1 Like