Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

New behavior for "contains" vs "contains keyword(s)"

Thank you. I see

I’m using “contains” in a rg search for a text typed into a text field.

It works for a few seconds, but a second or so after the user stops typing the search results in the RG disappear. Why would this be?

I think the issue is that is case-senstive. How can I make the contains search ignore case?

Did you find a solution to this? I am facing this currently.

As a solution, you can create a new field called query where you save data in a lower case format that you would like to use for searching purposes.
query = Input First Name's value:lowercase:trimmed Input Last Name's value:lowercase:trimmed Input Phone's value:trimmed

where is the “contains keyword(s)” thing? All I see is “contains” and “doesn’t contain”…

Hey @allenyang, I’m wondering if this is “contains keywords(s)” intended behavior because I’m still not able to use this feature (it would make my list filter so much cleaner):

It doesn’t match with words that have any punctuation. So words at the end of a sentence, before a comma, or before a semicolon are not matched.

For example, I’m trying to do a search for text in my database. The text:

A new web app.

Wouldn’t match a search for “a new web app” because app has a period (.)

Let me know if this makes sense.

We aren’t able to repro that on our end; could you please submit a formal bug report with more details?

It works in a way I don’t understand.

I created a bug report #14883