New Free Plugin - Rich Text Editor - TinyMCE

Hi!

I just released a new free plugin that you can change bubble’s multiline input element to rich text editor powered by TinyMCE.

You can see demo here: https://plugin-demo-wj.bubbleapps.io/version-test/tinymce?debug_mode=true

The editor: Plugin-demo-wj | Bubble Editor

You can get the free api key in their website: https://www.tiny.cloud/

Plugin Page: Rich Text Editor - TinyMCE Plugin | Bubble

8 Likes

Hi,

I’m trying to use your plugin, the rich text editor displays right but I can’t change anything (font, color, size, …). I’m using the element inside a pop-up do you think it can cause the bugs ?

Thank you for the bug reporting.
I just published the updated version.
If you update it to the latest version, the menu will show properly in the popup!

Hi,
I am testing your editor.
I have a problem in displaying the images when the user reloads the editor.

Once they are saved if I try to display the content as initial contents I get this error, where the text is fine, but the image doesn’t load.

1 Like

Very cool! Is it possible to add features, modify menus, etc.?

For example, I’d like to set up annotations:

I keep getting a Chrome error when trying to leave the page after having saved the value to my DB.

Leave site?
Changes that you made may not be saved.

Anyone else getting this?

2 Likes

I came across this issue too - I’m pretty sure it’s related to the autosave functionality. If you save the text (via the built-in toolbar) and then save it to the Bubble db, then you don’t get the error when navigating away.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Seems a bit of an awkward customer journey to have to save from the toolbar.

Hopefully they’ll see this and deploy a fix :slight_smile:

Hi! I cannot edit the content of the multiline input box when using the tiny plug-in, and any initial content I set -dynamic or static- doesn’t show. All this happens inside a pop-up. When I use the multiline and tiny outside the pop-up they work like a charm. Any idea what may be causing it?

I can’t work this thing out… How do you even save a value… There is no save button for me in the menu or on the plugin and there are no actions.

I see above people talk about auto save but I don’t get that either…

@wj_Kim

edit: I found the save button but I get this

Hey Kim…

I am having a hard time using this in a popup.

Can you add a feature to clear the initial content and to set initial content in workflows?

3 Likes

The plugin does not have configurations. I saved the initialContents using Tiny A’s content (as dynamic data), and connected the multi input element to the tiny element, that is all. No more configuration. I wanted to hide the edition if the user’s type change, but i can not find it in the plugin area. Maybe i need to use HTML tag to do it, without plugin.

1 Like

It is working fine but as I change Change the resolution of the page while editing, all the content disappears.
Secondly, Is this plugin free for lifetime? If no, what r the charges?

HI, bralca88, did you manage to fix this? I’m having the same issue…

Having the same issue here! - Any luck solving this?

Hi, I have just set up the TinyMce editor based on the instructions. I have got the API key and there were no issues during setup.
However, I am not able to store any of the text or HTML content from the text editor to my DB. I have tried storing both HTML as well as Text content.
Empty entries are being created in the DB however no content is there. Can anyone please help resolve this?

1 Like

Yes, getting the same issue.

The editor requires a new line (return) to show changed content when using on an iPhone (safari). Yet, this is not required in safari on the iPad or on the desktop. Is there a way around this?

Did you get this resolved? I have no issue as long as it’s not on an iPhone. In the case of the iPhone, the Content_Changed event sees no change unless a carriage return is pressed.

Hi,
Is there a way to add more font familys to the editor? Or is there a way to remove / restrict some font familys from it?
Thanks,
Marlon