[New plugin] Beautiful Customizable Charts and Graphs (ApexCharts.js)

Thanks, @Thimo. Wasn’t sure if you had built that part out separately. It’s a great feature and I’m trying to create my own download image button :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi @Thimo thanks for the prompt response.

For the Data labels, this just shows the % but it doesnt also show the label name such as what the % is related to. Like if we had a count of colors and Green was 25% is there a way for the key to appear on the pie chart itself so it says Green (25%) or something of the sort instead of just 25%

For the CSV and the math, thanks. I was trying to avoid doing excess calculations since the number was right there on the pie chart I was hoping we could just grab it. Especially with the new WU pricing on bubble the less times we need to run calculations the better.

Right now a feature like this is not supported, but I will put it on my list to see if I can inlcude it in a future update for you! :slight_smile:

WU’s are only counted when you do actions server side. If you do the same ‘do a search for’ it should not use more WU’s. I will look into if I can maybe add a state to the Pie and Donut chart that contains these percentage values, besides WU’s I think that would make life easier in general (:

Im a bit new to bubble, but i love what this plugin is capable of.

I’m sort of at a loss for what i want to do though:

1. i have a database with a field that allows each user to select one of 7 options (which i have in an option set), and another field to specify an event identifier.
  2. i have a page which should display a bar chart which will display 7 columns, one for each of the potential options, based on a search for all entries in the database with a specific event identifier.
  3. i need the bars to display counts for all 7 options - even if none of the entries select a particular option.
  4. i need to be able to specify the order of the bars so that the 7 option bars are displayed in a particular order.

I can get it to display the bars, but it only displays the bars for which there are selections. i.e. if none of the entries selected option 3, then that bar doesn’t even display. i need the bar to have an entry in the chart, but no height.

Is this possible?

Hi @Thimo

Any chance that you can add a word cloud to the plugin? :slight_smile:

Did you already look into using the comma separated fields for the bar chart? →

Demo: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

ApexCharts does not have support a word cloud element, but it might be a good idea for a stand-alone plugin :slight_smile: I will put it on my list!

1 Like

Great plugin and visuals, loving it! @Thimo

Is there an option or if it’s easy and relevant to create one for example to click on a vertical in a bar chart, and go to a specific page (Go to page, plus paragraphs) related to the vertical bar?

Thanks!

@another Yes that is definitely possible! I have an example for you below (you can see how you can get the data from the chart on click) :slight_smile:

Demo: Chartpreview | Bubble Editor

1 Like

Oh, what a great stuff! Glad you already thought about it and made it for others!

Have two bar charts, one is able to fetch a value from the chart which is an option set, but it fetches a work one (out of six different types), and other bar chart doesn’t fetch, but the concept is the same, just another different data type, like users and companies two data types.

Do you have any idea why, or maybe a material with such example? It might be due to grouping? Although Search and grouping is the same, as used to display the data in the graph, including the same sorting (on the grouping level).

example1245151

Thanks!

P.s. Find and replace is used to find " " and replace it with “”, empty (space, to replace with nothing, so that can be used as an url, or slug if you will.

I am not sure if I understand what goes wrong. The screenshot you send looks wrong, as you are using ‘#item …’ but you are not supplying an index but the clicked value. Please use the clicked index number from the chart (like you can see on the demo page). If the data source of your chart is a grouping, please also use that grouping in the expression of your screenshot as otherwise the index from the chart will not match up with your data series (these series need to be the same)

1 Like

Oh, okay. To use this workflow action is only on the index level, and then it’s up to us how and if we will connect index number with actual words, for example using states, etc?

Or how I would in this case reach the option states behind the index number of the user type?

You can access the value or index on click. The index will refer to the exact data point of your data source for the chart. So, if you want to receive the exact values of your chart you use:

Data source of your chart:item #clicked index of chart

Does that make sense? That way you can receive every value the chart shows in click :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, you made it perfect already!

This works as charm! Going to give a plugin review and include great customer success support :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Thimo . I have been using you charts for a while which are excellent. Have run into a small problem with the Bubble Chart that I’m hoping you can resolve. The “Thousand Separator” setting isn’t being applied to the Z-axis value in the tooltip. You can see in the attached screenshot a “,” thousand separator is being applied to the x-axis and y-axis values but the z-axis (bubble size) value is a little hard to read without the “,”.

@liam1 Thanks for flagging! I just pushed Update 6.92.0 that should fix this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Thimo ,

I am creating a dashboard application for my clients and they are asking me for their corporate colors for the charts, is there any way I can set the colors by parameters?

Yes, you can use dynamic colors the way you are used to with Bubble:

Does that answer your question? :slight_smile:

Hi @Thimo ,

I am tried what you suggest but it does not work. I set in the user the company color and then set it in the Monochrome color in a PieChart. This is the result:

The color seems to load but it is not set in the piechart.

@wains I need to see more info about your setup to see whats going on. I will send you a PM! :slight_smile: