New Plugin - Calendar Tool (free)

Hey bubblers,

I just published a new free plugin that we have been using internally for a bit.

Calendar tool can help you create custom calendars out of repeating groups as well as get a list of booking times for scheduling or booking feature. We have also used it to make our own date select dropdowns

I tried to make the implementation as straight forward as possible, but dates can get confusing so let me know if you need any help!

Editor with sample implementation is here

Cheers,
Ryley
brownfoxdev.co

6 Likes

I am getting an error code when previewing the linked editor

But this is cool…looking forward to implementing it.

Hey @ryley.randall: One tip – your plugin loads moment-timezone, but you make no use of it in your code. So you don’t need to be loading that.

1 Like

Oh yeah, thanks @keith

This is actually a copy of our more complex plugin we use internally and forgot to remove the time-zone library.

2 Likes

Hi @ryley.randall. Thanks for this great plugin. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

I have a couple questions but I’m not sure if your plugin addresses them or not.

1. Can I allow a user to set a start and end time for their availability on a given day? For example: If the person being booked wanted to set available hours to 9-5 on M-F and 10-4 on Saturday, would that be possible?

2. Once an appointment is booked, is there a way to block that appointment from being booked again by another user?

Any help you could provide here would be great!

@Kamp I’ll DM you!

Thanks Ryley!!

Hello ryley, I wanted the same thing as Kamp. would you share with us what you have suggested to him? :smiley:

Hi @ryley.randall Ryley. Great plugin and thanks for publishing it. Same query as @solinz and @Kamp . I am creating a scheduler for my app that has similar requirement and am sure a lot of devs will be happy to hear from you.

@paraschd @solinz @Kamp

It can all be done with bubble logic. Essentially you need to create a list of Days of the week [Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc…]
And then you can limit what days are clickable based on this list.

If I have time later I’ll create a sample app that does this and share it here

P.s. If you need a more powerful tool @keith has a great plugin for this…

Edit:
Here is a basic example. It could obviously get more sophisticated

3 Likes

Thanks Ryley

First of all Thanks a lot for the instructions! It helped me a lot!

I am building an app where the user can set up his/her work schedule. So, first, the user selects a start date, and then the repetition period, so these dates should be highlighted in the calendar.
Any idea about how do do that?

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Still could not figure out how to do it… Any clue?

Thanks a lot!!

Yeah, I have done that. My issue is not about the plugin, it is how I should set the conditions and store the data in my database since an entire period should be highlighted and not only one day in the calendar.

Eg, if the user selects the embark date to today’s date, and selects 14x14 rotation, the calendar should highlight the 14 days after the selected date plus repeat the highlight for the rest of the months…

I know this should be simple, but I really don’t get it…

Thank you so much for this awesome plugin ! Just wondering if there is a way to easily start the week on a Monday ? You know… European users and all :wink:

1 Like

Looking for this too !

1 Like

I ended up using another option, don’t know if this helps : [HOW-TO] Create a custom Calendar using repeating group

1 Like

Thanks Dee !!

1 Like

@ryley.randall Thanks for the great plugin.

I am trying to utilize it for a booking system. I’ve gotten everything set up and working except for filtering the time slots based on bookings already made.

For example, if there is a booking for Nov 21st at 4:30PM for 30 minutes and a user is searching to make a booking for Nov 21st for 15 minutes, I want to filter the time slots so they are not shown 4:30PM or 4:45PM.

I can’t figure out for the life of me how to filter this properly.

My database is storing bookings with this data type

Any idea how to filter the time slots? I’ve looked over the demo you shared ‘Nick-demo’ and see how you filter based a users availability, but can’t figure out how to do it so booked time ranges are not displayed.

did you ever work out the answer to this? Ive got stuck at the same bit as you.

Thanks1