[New plugin] Create a product tour for your app đŸš©

@nocodejungle thanks for the info! I think it’s fixed!

@yukiar34 Think I found the issue, that may be related to another plugin you use.
Just sent you a DM to dig further :wink:

@jared.gibb Thanks for the necessary update! But I think if you’d be more focused on your product than on this thread, you could consider a functional V1 soon. :slight_smile:

Strange. I’ll leave it alone for now and get back to my own posts. My appogies. No more trollin!

Fair game, check this to understand :wink:

1 Like

Hey, testing this plugin at the moment. Question: Can it only be started via the “on page load” function (as shown in your demo video)? If yes, why is there a “start product tour” workflow? When using this I get an error message. I would like to let the user start a tour whenever he clicks a button

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked at your editor and now I got it. Another question however: Instead of letting the user fill out an input I want him to press a button - Is that possible?

Hey @Pat, as you can see on this demo, you can start a tour whenever you want.

Could you provide me more information about the error message? You can send me a demo link in DM :slight_smile:

Thanks and sorry I was a bit impatient and did not check the different sources of information first
 hope this is a valid question, could not find this out:

Instead of letting the user fill out an input I want him to press a button - Is that possible? P.S. when I have functions that have normally a regular purpose I need to work with states right? e.g. input example with pizza, I should have a state as “producttour started=yes” so that it does not get triggered all the time when a tour is not ongoing

No problem :slight_smile:

So I guess the main question is how to trigger a custom action to go to the next step?

You need to go in the step action properties of the one you want to control and disallow the next button. Then, add a workflow “When X button is clicked → Go to next step” and it should be linked.
You can check the workflows of this editor to understand it.

You can deal with a custom state, but I think I will update the plugin so it doesn’t show the tour if it’s not started.

@Pat Just updated the plugin, you won’t need to use state to prevent this behavior :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying this out with a button. Problem is, clicking on the highlighted button that should move to the next step doesn’t do anything - it’s making the button unclickable when highlighted by the Product Tour (step index 2)
(correction: this is a group of icon and text that i’m using as a button
 is that the issue?)

I think it may be related to the element which has the target ID, do you have a demo link so can I see what’s happening? (you can send me it in a private message :slight_smile: )

thank you! Will dive deeper into the plug-in today. There is one thing which may be a dealbreaker for me: Every next step will make the page scroll - which is an issue when using this in an popup. The page scrolls in the background. Any chance you can make the user turn the page scroll off?

Thank you and overall very good onboarding plugin. Especially compared with the other ones that are available

Hey @Pat, great idea!
I just added the feature, you can now turn the scroll off with the option “Prevent auto scroll” in the “Add a step” action :slight_smile:

PS: Be sure to have the latest plugin version (1.10.0).

Thanks. This is great. I started to set this up. It worked very well until now. I get the following error message:

The plugin “A+ Onboarding” - Product tour / action Start a Product Tour threw the following error: anonymous
https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_js/8a9ae108445bfc66983f1ab034598e6372472fa874ad4f9c9d3a2e4aa6df3355/xfalse/x12:8:908142
E@https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_js/8a9ae108445bfc66983f1ab034598e6372472fa874ad4f9c9d3a2e4aa6df3355/xfalse/x12:8:896424 (please report this to the plugin author)

I did set up another tour with one step and I get the same error.

OMG How did I miss this gem :gem: !! This is amazing!

Thank you for building it! Very useful!

1 Like

First time I see this, I just sent you a DM to dig deeper :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks for the awesome feedback Alejandro :muscle:

WHAAAAAT. This is SO COOL!!!

1 Like

@steve18 Happy nocoding! :sunglasses: