[New Plugin] IPFS From URL - Numbers Protocol

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share Numbers Protocol IPFS From URL plugin. We believe in making Web3.0 more accessible by marrying no-code and Web3.0 tools. With this plugin you can upload a file URL and with just one-click it will be uploaded onto IPFS. It’s super easy to use.

The plugin does the following:

1. Uploads URL onto IPFS (Generated IPFS link)
  2. Generates CID
  3. Arweave Support in the event you want to upload something like an NFT

I have linked a Medium that details how it is used as well. Have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @et.wuzz Ethan,

What is the cost for storing files? Great article by the way. :+1:
And what is Numbers Protocol? I see that your company is called Numbers. Related? :sweat_smile:

Hi @JohnMark. Thanks for the comment and the nice words.

You are right that Numbers & Numbers Protocol are the same. Numbers is a startup in Taipei that is working on blockchain technology related to preserving data authenticity. Our main work is a mobile app that is called Capture App (available on Android & iOS), which is a blockchain camera that helps users establish ownership and context for photos they take. As part of our work, we survey and use a lot of decentralized technology such as IPFS.

The cost of storing files is free, however there is no guarantee that the file will be there long term. IPFS is a peer to peer storage network, which means to relies on someone in the world providing their storage for you. Because there isn’t an incentive layer, the storage may be shut down without your knowledge.

If interested in Numbers feel free to check out our website. Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those of you who are prefer to watch a video tutorial can do so here :slight_smile:

IPFS From URL Plugin: IPFS add URL Plugin for Bubble Tutorial - YouTube.

@et.wuzz Just watched the tutorial. Very interesting. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Is it possible to upload a file to IPFS directly from the device? (PC, Mobile…)

@et.wuzz show this error when upload more than 40mb
warning: status bar still waiting on Promise(waiting on Running action cmMqo)

@sergio.evermain Thank you for your interest.

apologies for the delayed response. currently the plugin only supports URL. If file upload directly from device is heavily requested then we will consider adding it to the plugin.

@sergio.evermain

yes. we are aware of this issue. currently the plugin can only store files that are not too large. apologies for the inconvenience. we will look into this issue and update this thread when the changes are made.

1 Like

Hey, I’m late to the party, but has anyone used this to upload a directory? I’m interested in uploading an HTML file with asset folder.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

does the plugin retrieve the text attributes from the ipfs url link ?