New Plugin: TopCal - Dates, Ranges and Time Slots

Plugin Update version 2.4.0

Upgraded to Bubble’s Node 14 update. Testing showed no issues but as always if you experience any technical issues please reach out

2 Likes

can you give more details about this update?

It is in regard to this Bubble Update with a behind the scenes update to Plugins: Updating plugin editor to new node version

I am actually unsure if I needed update the Plugin version as Bubble announced they would upgrade it automatically anyway. The upgrade has gone smoothly though so there should be no worries upgrading to this version if you were on the previously most recent version.

1 Like

Any suggestions on how to sort a repeating group by date when you are getting date ranges from the plugin? Because Bubble doesn’t allow you to sort date ranges in repeating groups

One way to do this is using the ListShifter plugin

Add the List Shifter element to the page and setup this workflow:

In the element set the Data Source to the list of date ranges:

For the sorted repeating group, reference the list shifter’s shifted list:
Screenshot_120822_105921_AM

2 Likes

Hey @gf_wolfer, I’m glad to see you call this out as people are sometimes asking (in other places) how one might go about sorting date ranges (which is impossible in vanilla Bubble)! (Though it isn’t 100% perfect, as if we compare two items and they have the same exact start date/time, it should really sort the items by their end-times, but List Shifter doesn’t support that. But it’s close enough for jazz and there are scant few algorithms that do it perfectly, anyway.)

But I do have one correction: List Shifter isn’t “free”, but is available to anyone and is Open Source. Those who are unable to pay for it are welcome to it until such time as they are. Those who are able are asked to contribute to the ongoing development of cool plugins under my “Karma-Ware” concept: GRUPZ: Karma-Ware Plugins for Bubble.

(BTW, this concept is so frighteningly unsuccessful [e.g., more than 14,000 installs of List Shifter and I’ve yet to come anywhere near recouping my time & money investment in its creation and maintenance] that I’ve basically ceased publishing open source plugins and all of my future work, no matter how minor, will be under Floppy or other similar plugin collections. But I suppose that could change again someday. :man_shrugging::crazy_face:)

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Keith, I’ll update my post. Also, appreciate the effort you put into Bubble for everyone so I got you a round of drinks :beers:

1 Like

Now that’s the holiday spirit, @gf_wolfer! :+1::smiley:

You’re the man!! You’ve been so helpful.

Thank you for the great plugin @keith , I will contribute as well

1 Like

Well thanks! Your karma is improving even now’

Hi @gf_wolfer I bought the plug in and it is working great with my app. I just have one question.

Does it works if I set appointment length longer than 60 minutes? Because I’m trying to set an appointment for 90 min but it is not working just for the length of 90 minutes. So I don’t know if that issue is because the plugin is for time below 60 min or there is a problem with my settings.

Thanks!

It should work fine with any Booking Duration time frame expressed in minutes, including 90 minutes.

What is not working? Does the plugin not produce time slots, are they different time slots than expected, etc?
One thought might be that the results are different than expected as the Time Slot Interval value also plays an important role here so you can try adjusting that number as well to see the different results.

Hey @gf_wolfer! I had to check all my setup and it was my mistake. It wasn’t working in the create booking confirmation button because I wasn’t adding the time of the dropdown for 90 minutes I just had 30 min and 60 min in the option choice for the dropdown.

Now it is working great.
Thank for taking your time to help.

Hi! I’m looking for a plugging that would cover a similar use case to the one you’ve mentioned (Italki calendar) and I wonder what plugging you ended up using and if you’re happy with the result. Thanks!

Hi, maybe has already been asked but what’s the use case of the workflow “create a GetAvailableTimeSlot” ? Once created, is it possible to update an existing GetAvailableTimeSlot on the page ?

The Workflow for ‘GetAvailableTimeSlots’ is run on the server vs. the on page element which runs client side. So this allows you to run the workflow in a Backend Workflow or to run it in a ‘loop’.

It performs the same function as the on page element and doesn’t create any data, it just reads and returns a list of available time slots. In most cases if you want to show on page availability for a single ‘Calendar/resource’ I would suggest the Element as it is quicker and updates each time a field within it is changed.

Some specific cases could be:

• You want to save time slots directly on a resource to make them more easily searchable, you would have an ‘update times’ backend workflow that updates the time slot list every time the Calendar/Resource is changed
  • If you want to run a loop and look up availability of many Calendars/Resources at once (similar to what I have described in this thread topic when using the Orchestra plugin, but in a way that can work on a backend)
  • You can setup an API that when it get’s pinged it returns the list of available times
1 Like

Hello,

I used the TopCal plugin to develop an application with an agency plan.
Once the application passed on a personal plan and bought the plugin.
No time slot data is visible and there is the following error message:

The plugin TopCal - Dates, Ranges & Time Slots / element Get Available Time Slots threw the following error: ReferenceError: luxon is not defined
at eval (PLUGIN_1614827714366x678015935299977200/TopCal—Dates–Ranges—Time-Slots-update–Get-Available-Time-Slots-.js:49:21)
at https://plateforme.mapetiteassiette.com/package/run_debug_js/8fbfaee3bf68a0280d555920a48e32cb59579bdbd04c0a25066158a471c9e4d6/xfalse/x20/run_debug.js:6:2579395 (please report this to the plugin author)"

So how can we fixe it ?

Thanks

Hello Raphael I just replied to your email before seeing this, so we can discuss things there

Hi @gf_wolfer ,

TopCal has been amazing! I recommend this plug in to anyone needing a good calendar booking system.

My only concern is that my users’ list of blocked and specific days available is getting long and I’m worried it will lead to longer loading times. How can I remove those blocked or specific dates from the database once the date passes? I would have thought something like this could work but I guess not:

Great to hear it has helped!

Good question that I thought I might have to address at some point. Using a List of Dates is good because we don’t actually have any data to delete, instead we can just Make Changes to the Schedule and use the Filter function to remove dates from the past. Like this:

1 Like