[New Plugin] Ultimate Uploadcare

Introducing Ultimate Uploadcare: Your go-to plugin for seamless file uploads with Uploadcare! :rocket:

The ethos of this plugin is to simplify all things Uploadcare. No need to create your own API connection or backend workflows to store and delete files!

Demo: Ultimate Uploadcare | DragDropDevelop
Plugin page: Ultimate Uploadcare Plugin | Bubble

Key Highlights:

:hammer_and_wrench: Simple Installation & Customization: Plug, play, and personalize! Get started in no time with an interface you can tailor to your heart’s content.

:rainbow: Instant Cloud Edits Preview: Watch edited images come to life instantly in file URLs. It’s like having a sneak peek into the future of your uploads!

:arrows_counterclockwise: Reactive Values: Stay in sync with every file being added or removed. Our reactive values ensure your list of files is always updated, keeping you in the loop effortlessly.

:floppy_disk: Backend Workflow for File Storage: We’ve got your back(end)! Store your files post-upload with our streamlined backend workflow, making file management a breeze.

Get ready to experience the ultimate in upload plugins with Ultimate Uploadcare.

Coming soon

• A backend workflow action to delete a file from Uploadcare
  • Edit an already uploaded image using Uploadcare’s Cloud Editor and save the changes to your database
1 Like

New feature: Delete File Action :rocket:

“I’ve deleted more files than you will ever upload”
– Confucius, probably

Storing files is great and all, but deleting them is where it’s at!

Use the new ‘Delete File’ workflow action and pass the uuid of the file you want to delete.
If there’s an error (file not found, for example), the action returns the code and message so you can debug as needed.

While I was there, I added the same error returns to the ‘Store File’ action to make it a little clearer :muscle:

Let me know if you have any questions and I’d love to hear what you want next in the plugin!

2 Likes

New Feature: Edit already uploaded images with the Cloud Image Editor :writing_hand:

Deleting and reuploading an image just to edit it is soooo yesterday. Make it a breeze and use the new Cloud Image Editor element :rainbow:

Pass the UUID or URL of your file. You can even pass already edited photos and it will pick up where you left off!

Cloud Image Editor Example

1 Like

Requested Feature: Disable Upload

Just released a requested feature (with a bug that I then squashed :see_no_evil:) to allow disabling of the uploader using conditional logic.

Uploader disabled

To avoid issued with circular reference of the element and recursion, I added a couple extra properties to define the styling for the button when it is disabled.

Happy uploading!

New Feature: Image Shrink :rocket:

Uploadcare just released a new feature that allows you to accept hi-res images and shrink them in size to a reasonable resolution, keeping the original aspect ratio.

I have added this option to the Ultimate Uploadcare plugin so you can take advantage of it!

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 12.14.10

Benefits of automatic image resize on upload:

• Users don’t need to downscale images on their devices to meet the uploading requirements.
  • Optimized storage.
  • Faster uploading.

Use the image-shrink option to apply client-side image resize with values like:

• 800x600, shrinks images to 0.48 megapixels with the default JPEG quality of 80% (default, when not set).
  • 1600x1600 95%, shrinks images to 2.5 megapixels with the JPEG quality set to 95%.

Read more about this option in Uploadcare’s documentation - File Uploader image shrink

1 Like

New Feature: Force Aspect Ratio When Uploading :rocket:

While I was under the hood, I thought I should add the crop preset option when uploading files (not sure how I missed that before :see_no_evil:)

Like the Cloud Image Editor, define an aspect ratio that you need and it will force the user to crop their image to that size. When uploading more than one image, it auto crops to that new aspect ratio.

Leave blank to allow free format cropping. Also goes without saying that you need to have ‘Allow Image Editing’ enabled for this to take affect.

Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 17.34.23

1 Like

New Features: New events and a helpful workflow action :rocket:

Version 1.11.0

Some small quality of life additions:

• Workflow action - Extract UUID
    • Pass a file path and have the UUID from that path returned. Perfect for those that store just the file path but still need to interact with Uploadcare using the UUID.
  • Event - Done Clicked
    • Triggered when the user clicks the ‘Done’ button
  • Event - Modal Opened
    • Triggered when the user opens the uploader modal
  • Event - Modal Closed
    • Triggered when the user closes the uploader modal
2 Likes

New Features: Output to base64 and define allowed file types :rocket:

Version 1.13.0

Following a couple of feature requests, I’ve added two features related to using the outputted images with an API (in particular, AI tools like Claude or OpenAI)

Output in base64

If the API you’re using doesn’t accept URLs for images, you can convert the image to base64 and choose the output style. The base64 is then exposed in the new state ‘Base64 Array’.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 21.18.56

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 21.17.50

Define the allowed file types

In a similar vein, some APIs restrict the type of image files they accept (too much hate for HEIC if you ask me!).
If needed, just specify which files you want to allow the user to upload. Leave blank for all file types!

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 21.22.44

Have a great weekend :sunny:

New Feature: Open the uploader from a workflow action :rocket:

Version 1.14.0

If you don’t fancy styling the Uploader element to look like a button, or maybe you want to have both a drop area and a button, you can now open the Ultimate Uploader using a workflow action.

Just use the action called ‘Open Uploader’ and you’re good to go!