Hi everyone,
I run a construction-site app built on Bubble, and when we moved it to native mobile, photos were our biggest pain. Field teams take 10–20 photos per visit, often on 4G, and they don’t want to wait on a spinner after each one.
So I built the element I wanted for our own app, and I’m now sharing it on the marketplace: WA Instant Photo Uploader.
What it does, in one element:
- pick several photos at once, or shoot them with the camera
- resize and compress on the phone (you choose the max size and JPEG quality), then upload in the background while the user keeps working
- fullscreen viewer with swipe and pinch-to-zoom
- quick annotation: arrows, pen, text labels, then re-upload
- “send in HD” if one photo needs full resolution
- a WhatsApp-like grid to display photos inside messages
It uses your own Bubble file storage: no external service, no API key. Labels are fields, so you can translate them.
To be clear about Bubble’s built-in option: “Optimize image size” on the camera actions is great for single photos. This plugin is more for when you need several photos, background upload and a viewer/annotation flow in one place.
- 30-second video filmed on an iPhone: https://youtube.com/shorts/1_zlpjDpizs
- Live demo (web preview): https://wa-photo-uploader-demo.bubbleapps.io/version-test/api/1.1/mobile/preview?debug_mode=true&preview_view=Home
- Editor (view only): WA Instant Photo Uploader – Demo | Bubble Editor
- Marketplace: WA Instant Photo Uploader Plugin | Bubble
It’s $10/month or $59 one-time. If you test it, I’d really like feedback, especially from people on low-end Android phones. Bug reports and feature ideas are welcome here.
Clément
