I’m very pleased to announce the availability of…
Upload Buddy is a versatile replacement for both the Picture Uploader and File Uploader native Bubble plug-ins. Instead of a file being immediately uploaded when a user selects it, Upload Buddy exposes details of the selected file. Combined with various actions and events, Upload Buddy enables workflow and conditional logic based on those details, thereby providing explicit control over if and when the file is uploaded.
Additionally, for image files, Upload Buddy supports client-side resampling - i.e. you can scale down large image files before they’re uploaded. Not only does this conserve bandwidth and server resources, but it results in a more pleasant user experience.
I needed it. I’m developing an image-centric app and found that the built-in uploaders didn’t satisfy my requirements. Plus, I needed to be very judicious about my Bubble storage.
Features + Benefits
- Restrict uploads by file type or size.
- Restrict image uploads by pixel dimensions or aspect ratio.
- Resize images before upload (client-side).
- Reduced bandwidth, server load, storage, wait time for images.
- Auto-generated thumbnail for viewable images.
- Fully customizable UI element for a tailored “look and feel”.
- Rename files on upload.
- Explicit control over if/when upload occurs.
- Meticulously crafted exclusively for Bubble.
What It Doesn’t Do
- Does not work with 3rd party cloud services. It was crafted exclusively for use with Bubble’s native storage option.
- Does not support cropping (only resampling).
- Does not support multiple file uploads.
- Does not work with IE
Demos / Samples Available
A live demo and a page with sample UI variations are available as follows. Edit mode accessible!
Feel free to post comments or questions.
- File Is Selected
- Image Is Scaled
- File Is Uploaded
- Error Occurs
- Scale Image
- Upload File
- Clear File
- Clear Error
- Fetch File Contents as Base64
- Is Allowed Type
- Is Image
- Is Viewable Image
- Uploaded Copy