OAuth2 User-Agent Flow refuses to obey after successful login(s) with debugger ON

Hello!

I appreciate anything you can do to help, in advance.

A little background on the situation, and my level of bubble hacking:
My mission is to add booking functionality to my application (following the Smart Calendar Booking System Course from @ZeroqodeSupport/@levon - It’s very good. No issues there). The goal is to connect to Google’s Calendar API, and then use that in various ways to create a better experience for our users. This means we get to use OAuth2 User-Agent Flow! I have bypassed this for other services, like LinkedIn, with the “manual OAuth dance” but because Google uses a # in the URL they send back, instead of a ? parameter… I decided I would play the game with OAuth2 User-Agent Flow.

Here is my API Connector set up:

It works FLAWLESSLY. With this workflow:

Debug mode true… I tap that button, I login to google, and then it takes me right back to where I want to be. Accept… no success message from Bubble.io telling me it’s set up correctly and it’s party time. NOTHING.

I come back to the API Connector, and there she is. The dreaded:

Warning

You haven’t tested this API in run mode and authenticated with Google Calendar yet. You need to do this first to setup calls and to test the URLs and keys.

To do this, setup a login workflow, run your app in run mode (with debug_mode=true in the URL) and authenticate with the service. Once done, your access token will be used to initate the API calls and the API will be marked as valid.

IMPORTANT: make sure not to have a change page action in the workflow you use to authenticate while testing.

I have done all of this, to no avail. All redirect URLs in Google are correct. Everything works great… except the API being marked as valid. I need validation.

Edit: I forgot to mention, in case it’s important, I am on a secondary development version. We have live, version-test, and version-sandbox. I don’t know if this matters, but if it does, now you know!

Please let me know if you can help with this, or is it a bug? Should I be messaging support? @emmanuel/@Bubble ? Do any of the rock stars (@NigelG, @romanmg) have a solution?

We have a test group ready for our new version of Podcave, and this is one of the very last pieces of the puzzle. I would be incredibly appreciative if anyone could help me solve it. Please let me know!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Any help is much appreciated. I am actually trying to use the LINKEDIN API code so that I can get a user’s email address that @neerja posted awhile back and can’t get rid of that warning. Do I need to deploy to live to have this warning go away b/c I am testing on version-test?debug_mode=true

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.