Pass in Multiple Parameters in Groups/Popups

The problem: I am constantly having to use Custom States to pass in data when a group/popup will have multiple data types/sources in each.

Example:

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.17.03 AM

My popup needs the company AND the date. And right now a Group/Popup can only accept 1 data type/source… So we have to use custom states and pass them in.

What is less than ideal about this method? Having to have a completely separate paradigm for adding/editing/removing the custom state… and even as a veteran, I forget all the time to reset my states when the group/popup is closed.

Why can’t all Groups/Popups have the same paradigm as what Custom Events has now with multiple parameters :slight_smile: Would save quite a bit of time and hassle for my more complicated apps.

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 11.22.35 AM

With this paradigm, it’s much easier to pass in multiple data types! (I’ll create an IdeaBoard for this… just wanted to jot this down before I lost the idea)

@grace.hong

1 Like

custom events are helpful here so when you say “open popup” you can send the information in an orderly way each time

That’s what I do now. Would be simpler to just pass it all in with “Display Data”. :slight_smile: