Phone Number Input with Formatting - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello, solinz!

My appologies for the delayed reply. Unfortunately, the dropdown size can’t be changed, due to some Bubble’s limitations.
Thanks for understanding.
:pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

thank you

1 Like

Hi @levon
Just bought your plugin but found there is no way to change the input background color (either to match my own colors or to just be clear). I’d really like to be able to do this so that I might use your input field to display phone numbers as well (since it so eloquently formats them based on the country chosen.

Would you please consider adding this as a feature?

Alternatively, if there were a way for me to be able to save the phone number in the format displayed in the input field, this would also solve my issue.

Hello, @devin.fraze

Thanks for reaching out and for feedback regarding feature requests.
We’ll need to check this out how feasible it’ll be to make the changes in order to move forward with it.

Zeroqode Team

Hello @jgordon @solinz @devin.fraze

Thanks for your feedback, we’ve made some progress and improved the plugin in the latest update.

• Added possibility to style the background color of the input
  • Added possibility to change the font size and style of the input
  • The Dropwdown element has been resized, also added
    Dropdown Height propriety which will help adjust the height of the element.

See our demo for more details: https://zeroqode-demo-05.bubbleapps.io/version-test/phone-number-input-plugin

Please upgrade to latest version of plugin, and get latest features , refresh the app and give it a try.
Thanks for patience and support! :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

I’m SUPER excited about this! I think I’ll be able to accomplish exactly what I need now thanks to this update!
You seriously ROCK!

@jgordon @solinz, guys
@devin.fraze, happy to know that you’re enjoying our work! :metal:

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :smiley:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins.

Thanks! :pray:

Just got my app’s phone number form nearly perfected thanks to you guys! Really amazing pluggin!
Review has been submitted.

Some small formatting requests for your next update.

• An option to make the text bold
  • Ability to “insert dynamic data” for the “preferred countries” element (not crucial since you offer automatic country detection)
1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport I found a few more issues while working with your pluggin.

• I cannot dynamically set the input color(bg), even though it is an option in the editor.
    [solved] I was loading the input before passing the value. If i pass the dybanic input value in first then load the input it works as expected.
  • The input’s “correctness value” does not account for an empty input. Meaning it returns the boolean “no” even if no phone number has been input
  • The input’s “correctness value” also does not register as “yes” until the input has been focussed. Meaning that when I preload a users phone number into the form (from the last time they filled it out) it displays an error message until they focus on the input.
  • the input is not able to be called with workflows such as “when input is selected”, meaning that I cannot update my custom states easily and instead must rely on the user to take an additional outside action

LARGE ISSUE

• when running in ?debug_mode=true, on pages with the phone input, the “inspect” button native to bubble is not visible!

Hello @devin.fraze

Can you please post more details, like screenshots for workflow setup, element propitiates, steps to reproduce the issue, error message etc. So we could help you better.

We’ll need time to check these out. We’ll provide an update on the matter, asap.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @devin.fraze

We’ve pushed an update to the plugin, please upgrade to latest version place the element on page, refresh the app and give it a try.
Thanks for understanding :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The error code I am getting is/was:
error code 1589224752855x437268593464762430

I don’t have any special workflows or element properties. The only useful thing I’d be able to screen share would be that the inspect button was gone which is pretty easy to describe in words.

I’ve updated the pluggin, refreshed the app, and tried inserting the pluggin on a new page.

1. It does indeed not cause the inspect element of bubble to disappear.
  2. However, the automatic focus you’ve added has broken my hack for using your input. Since the input used to style so well, I used to hide the input under an invisible group so the user couldn’t click and edit it. However, now that the group auto-focuses on page load, the input is easily editable.

Is there anyway for me to disable the autofocus?
(a workaround might be to create a workflow to move focus to something else on page load, but I’d rather not make my app any hackier than it needs to be)

Hello @devin.fraze

We’ve pushed an update to the plugin with possibility to turn on/off the autofocus on page load, please upgrade the plugin the latest version, refresh the application and give it a try.
Thanks. :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

I am stunned in the best way possible at the speed in which you pushed this update. Thank you so so so much @ZeroqodeSupport! I’ll have to check out your other pluggins and services and see what other wonderful things you offer.

Knowing that your team cares about the average bubbler makes me want to support you and use you again and again!

1 Like

@devin.fraze

Thanks a lot for the support and feedback!
The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Hi - I’m trying to get the ‘Is Required?’ function working on this plugin however it doesn’t seem to validate like other fields. If the field is left blank it still allows the form to be submitted. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Hi @messly,

Thanks for reaching out. Let us check on this one and we’ll get back with a reply asap.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @messly,

Unfortunately, this checkbox is not responsible for input validation of any sort. Actually, it is waiting for full input number, in order to show the information details.

So, if left unchecked, it will display the plugin’s states on preview: (our demo)

However, if you mark this checkbox, it will show the information details only when you type a valid phone number:

We have updated the documentation for this field, so it will not cause confusions. If you don’t see the updates in your application, it would be required to upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us, and apologies for confusion.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport and @levon !

So much compliments for the great plugin, it’s the best available on bubble so far, and pretty customizable!

I’m asking if there is a way to customize the color of the number displayed as a placeholder, since it can be confusing and may lead the user to think the phone field it’s already filled.

For my case, it would be amazing to be able to choose the placeholder color so that I can use a very lighter color that cannot be “clearly” read but can serve as a guide (that’s the main purpose for the useful placeholder).
Another useful idea could be to chose the placeholder numbers that fill the format, like all zero’s for example “000-00-00-00-000”, this way the user can immediately understand.

Third and last idea could be to be able to display the placeholder numbers only when the phone input is focused (and expose “phoneinput is focused” could be a great add too!).

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Hi @oh.devteam,

Thanks for your feedback!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to accomplish it with the current version of our plugin, but we have collected your feedback for future improvements when feasible.

As for this one:

You should be good to go with this feature, because when you fill in this field with preferred countries:

It will automatically display the first type number (US, in this case) with appropriate formatting:

In case this is your concern. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have any other questions!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team