Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Photo/video editing on upload

Hello,

So I just became aware of a function that’s would be great to automate if possible.

My app uploads videos of inspections for the end customer to approve. I wasn’t aware until today that the user edits those videos first to put identifying information into the video.

Current process: on PC, right-click video file, edit in photos, type in identifying information.

Desired process: When video file uploaded, somehow edit it so the identifying information is pulled from the record it’s attached to.

Maybe there’s an api that can do this, or maybe a plugin could be built?

Looking forward to any feedback or suggestions.

Thanks,
George

Hello @gnelson, check out cloudinary.com, It should work for your use case.

1 Like

@alan.thomas111997 Thanks for that suggestion. That looks like a great service. How familiar are you with them? I’m wondering if the text that’s added (overlayed) onto the video is visible only at runtime, or will modify the file so that if downloaded the text will still be visible.

Do you know?

Thanks again,
George

@gnelson, I have used Cloudinary extensively for image transformations but not for videos, but I believe the fundamentals are very much the same for both. All your transformations are made on top of Cloudinary URLs, which means if you modify a URL that particular version of the file in the cloud will get modified. If you want to show a text overlay only when previewing and not when downloading then you will have to use two different versions of URL, one when the user is previewing (Cloudinary one) and one when he is downloading (normal s3 URL).

1 Like

@alan.thomas111997, actually I DO want the overlay to be there when downloading so that whoever downloads it, whatever they do with it, that overlay data will always be there.

If I understand you correctly, that would be the default case?

Thanks,
George

@gnelson
Yes, downloading it will save the modified file with overlay
https://cloudinary.com/documentation/video_manipulation_and_delivery#adding_text_captions

1 Like

Thanks @alan.thomas111997 for all your help. I’ve been in contact with them and they’re the exact solution I need.

George

1 Like

But if you want, you can use the KineMaster editor on your Linux…