đŸ”„ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Dynamic Tables for Bubble (Excel-like)

Furthermore, this plugin would benefit me greatly if there were an option to display items vertically. I have a table that simply has the users details on.

First Name, Second Name, Email, etc

I would love it if the plugin could format it vertically. so it’s like this:

First Name: XYZ
Second Name: XYZ
Email: XYZ

Sorry for spamming up this thread, just been thrown this error:

The plugin Advanced Dynamic Table Grid / Excel / action Populate a DataTable threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of null
at Object.instance.data.populate (PLUGIN_Advanced-Dynamic-Table-Grid—Excel-initialize–DataTable-.js:98:50)
at eval (PLUGIN_Advanced-Dynamic-Table-Grid—Excel-element_action–DataTable-Populate-.js:3:90) (please report this to the plugin author)

Here is my workflow:

Hi @barnetrpc

As far I know, there is no specific event we can subscribe to refresh the table automatically. I suggest you to do like this:
Create a custom “Populate Table” event:

Once you know that the database was modified, simply call this event. It will instantly update your table.

I’m currently working on a new release so I will check whether it’s possible to implement some of the proposed features (especially the conditional formatting!). Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Actually, if you can generate an HTML code for your cells, it will work:

So, for multiline you can insert the <br/> tag at the end of the line

Kind of what I’m going for but more so looking so that the columns can be horizontal.

image eg; that would be on the left then the data on the right if you catch my drift.

How does the large data mode work? The demo page is not working and I couldn’t find the documentation.

I’ve just fixed the demo! Thanks for reporting that.

You only need to tick the “Large data” checkbox to apply the special mode to the table

@justin.hume

Lots of comments here and I’m happy for the plugin! One question, can I mix data linked through a common variable with this plugin? Many table plugins don’t allow for different data types in the same plugin.

Hi @josh10 ,
Thank you for your question! A column is defined as a comma-separated list of values. If you can build this kind of list, you will be able to show it in the table!

Advanced Dynamic Tables v1.7.2 released! :tada:

Conditional formatting is here! :art: :woman_artist:

Conditional formatting allows you to automatically apply formatting: font colors, background colors, font weight to one or more cells based on the cell value. To do this, you’ll need to create a conditional formatting rule.

Check out the updated demo:
https://digitaleyedemo.bubbleapps.io/datatable

Supported operations:

• =
  • <
  • >
  • !=
  • <=
  • >=
  • contains
  • doesn’t contain
  • startsWith
  • endsWith

Supported styles:

• font color
  • background color
  • bold font

A quick how to:

1. Call the “Add Conditional Formatting” action, provide a column index, condition (operation + value to compare) and styles
  2. Add one or several conditions to one or several columns
  3. Call the “Refresh” action

Result:

Awesome! Would be time-saving if we could add conditions directly to a row so as an example something like this:

If Column 3’s Value is Hello then Row 1’s Background Colour is #12345

Obviously this could be achieved by making multiple conditionals for each column, just food for thought. Love this plugin so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried doing that - here is the workflow.

Table doesn’t update until the page itself is refreshed.

This seems like a very straightforward thing to do but can we add automatic emptying to anything that comes out as an empty thing of an empty thing? Such as [object Object]. image

Oh, I think I found a bug. The exporting is only giving me the first cell of the header and nothing else:

It’s the hashtag (#) causing the problem

Is it possible to display a count eg;

Current Department’s Members:count

I think it’s possible with the Toolbox plugin. You need to create a list first and convert it to a string with comma-separated items like for any other column.

Here I have a field “items” which is a list of things. Item expression will build a list of lengths which is accessible via the ListItemExpression A's list state.
You can pass this list to the table

Hope it helps :wink:

Hello!

I am interested in installing this plugin but I want to make sure of a feature first.

I have 4 tables: “User”, “Smartphone”, “Smartphone provision” and “Client”. The table “Smartphone provision” is linked to both tables “Smartphones” and “User” (by their unique id) since it has a Smartphone attribute and a User attribute. Moreover, the Client table is linked to the User table by the Company ID. You can see the graph below to understand the situation better.

My issue is following:

How can I display in a Grid the name of the user, its company and the IMEI of its smartphone on the same row ?

I want to make sure that this Company match with this row’s User up (displayed in another column).

Indeed, it seems that there is no constraint in data source settings like “User = current’s row’s User” or something like that but I may be wrong.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kevin

1 Like

Hi @kevin26 ,

Great question!

Again, I would use the Toolbox plugin / List Item Expression element. For example, you can get a list of company names linked to users:

Now you can show this list as a column in your table.
Same logic for the IMEI column.

However, need to pay attention to the initial sorting. For example, in the example above the users list should be sorted in the same way as for the 1st columns (user names) and SmartphoneProvisions list should be sorted correctly as well (1st provision for the 1st user etc).

I Hope this helps!

Toolbox thread:

I received a lot of questions regarding editable tables (inline editing / excel like / Google sheets like etc 
).

Good news, this plugin will be available very soon! It’s in pending review now.

It supports inline editing, formulas, column sorting, column reorder, different data types and much more!

A couple of demos are already available:

Demo 1 (Different Data Types & Formulas) | Editor
Demo 2 (Online Spreadsheet) | Editor

Once the plugin will be published, I will create a separate topic for it.

I’ll be happy to receive your feedback - will it be useful for your projects? What should be improved?

That sounds awesome! Would work great on an app I’m working on for a client now. The support for multiple data types is very nice, as I felt that was a slight limitation in the other version. Keep me posted!

1 Like