[Plugin update 2023] ChartJS - Charts and Graphs (TechBlocks)

Hi Alex,

I am using line/bar charts mainly. My users including myself all use Chrome

@christo1 strange, I’m using the same chart on Chrome. Can you please PM me a link to an editor where you’re seeing this issue so I can investigate?

Thank you for investigating. Did you want a user-facing page showing this or access to the editor itself? If access to the editor is what you need, do you have an agency email address I could add to my account as collaborator?

Hi @alex4 I’m trying to populate a bar chart via workflows but when ever the list of data I’m passing has an empty value within the list of numbers (Its a grouping by month), I’m getting the following error:

The data array I’m passing is:

Also, tried passing the data without the “Formated As” so i’ts not treated as a text, but got the same result.

Hopefully this is an easy fix

I had to revert back to a previous version as the print fix version, did not fix the issue and also caused issues on printing other pages without any chart element on them at all. This might become an issue for other users as well. It was tricky to isolate, but once I reverted back to an earlier version, the non-chart page print issues were resolved.

@christo1 I’ll thanks for the extra info PM you with the email you should add as a collaborator

—————

@aestela thanks for reaching back out. If you copy and paste your expression and paste it in a text element, what does it evaluate to in run mode?

Hey @alex4! this is the text element
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 10.05.51 PM

It doesn’t matter in what position the empty value is, I get the error. Upon dismissing it, it draws the chart but no data labels are shown and the chart freezes.

I have the same problem, I hope you have an “urgent” solution

1 Like

@evandro1 and @aestela PMing you both to get more detail as I’m unable to reproduce this one. Hoping to resolve this one as soon as possible.

@evandro1 I worked with @aestela over the last few days to narrow in on the issue here. I pushed a fix in v4.38.133

Please upgrade and let me know how it works on your end!

1 Like

Hi @alex4 ,

I’ve been using this plugin for a couple of months and just love it.
I’d like to ask you questions:

1. I couldn’t find a way to easily give a title to my X/Y axis. As a workaround, I add these titles via dedicated groups around the chart itself. However, this becomes quite messy as soon as the chart’s legend takes several rows/column (when many series are plotted). Would you have any tips on how to manage this issue?
  2. On some charts, I plot up to 80 series using a recursive workflows. This tends to make my page very unstable though. Would you have any advise on how to manage charts with many series?

Thanks a lot

+1 for a feature enhancement that allows X & Y axis titles, especially for scattercharts.

Hi @alex4!

App is fantastic, by far and away the best option on bubble. One snag I’ve run into is long labels overlapping, which was mentioned above also. The problem I have is that I don’t want the labels at an angle (and even if I did there wouldn’t be enough space in the container) so would absolutely love to see an option to enable a css text-overflow: ellipsis or similar.

As it stands I will unfortunately need to remove the labels:

Regardless, kudos on the stellar work here!

Hi @alex4 , I have Pie Chart that is using data from a RepeatGroup.
I’m using Dropdowns to filter RG. So, If filter result was null. I get null exeption on debug_mode. Than Pie Chart stop to work. Can you check?

@Kent and @boriplp

I’ve been using this plugin for a couple of months and just love it.

Thanks for the kind words. It’s always great to hear folks are enjoying the plugin!
+1 for a feature enhancement that allows X & Y axis titles, especially for scattercharts.

1. I couldn’t find a way to easily give a title to my X/Y axis. As a workaround, I add these titles via dedicated groups around the chart itself. However, this becomes quite messy as soon as the chart’s legend takes several rows/column (when many series are plotted). Would you have any tips on how to manage this issue?

Makes sense. We’ll look into this. Is there a chart(s) that’s highest priority for you both?

On some charts, I plot up to 80 series using a recursive workflows. This tends to make my page very unstable though. Would you have any advise on how to manage charts with many series?

80 series! It sounds like you’re loading a lot of data onto the page. A quick solution doesn’t come to mind but I can think about this one and get back to you if we think of something.

@ed19

App is fantastic, by far and away the best option on bubble. One snag I’ve run into is long labels overlapping, which was mentioned above also. The problem I have is that I don’t want the labels at an angle (and even if I did there wouldn’t be enough space in the container) so would absolutely love to see an option to enable a css text-overflow: ellipsis or similar.

Regardless, kudos on the stellar work here!

Thanks for reaching out! That’s strange, the labels should rotate if they are about to overlap. Would you mind PMing me a link to your editor so I can take a look?

@danierumotta hi there! Can you PM me a link to your editor so I can take a look?

For me it would be scatter charts.

Hi @alex4 . I’ve just started using the plug in and am getting on really well with it. One question that I have that I don’t seem to be able to work out is how to change the font of the data labels. I’m sure I’m missing something simple! Thanks in advance.

Hi Alex.
I asked @danierumotta to contact you re. a chart issue that we have for JS Charts. This is video show you the problem and it should be very simple to replicate. If you can resolve quickly that would be great as these new dashboards are part of product update which we plan on doing in the next week or so.

Hi @eric.schwantler I haven’t worked much with pie charts in this plugin, and looking into the plugin documentation there are no wf actions for pie charts.

What I would do is: add a conditional to the chart element to pass a series with at least 1 item when the data you are passing is empty and hide it, this would avoid the chart to “destroy” itself. Also, I’d draw an element on top with a text box that says “no data available” or something like this, so the user understands there is no data to show.

Thanks @aestela for chiming in here! Your proposed solution should definitely work.

However, I’ve also pushed an update that hopefully fixes the issue at the plugin level. @eric.schwantler once you upgrade to v4.38.136 the issue should hopefully be fixed. Please let me know if you notice otherwise!

Hi @alex4 . I’ve just started using the plug in and am getting on really well with it. One question that I have that I don’t seem to be able to work out is how to change the font of the data labels. I’m sure I’m missing something simple! Thanks in advance.

Great to hear you’re liking the plugin, @damien1 !

You should be able to change the font style from the standard Bubble element property for font:

Let me know if you have any questions!