[Plugin update 2023] ChartJS - Charts and Graphs (TechBlocks)

I figured that was the case, but wasn’t sure if I was missing something. Thanks for your help!

@arend

@alex4 Thanks for your reply and help! The issue was resolved by changing the input comma separator to a . as you mentioned.

Great to hear that helped. Let me know if you run into any other issues!

@gbenchanoch thanks for reaching out!

Can you PM me a link to your editor? I’m unable to reproduce those issues and will need to take a look at your implementation. Thanks!

@aestela interesting. What browser/OS are you using? I’ve tried it on Chrome on PC and Mac and can’t reproduce it.

Hey @alex4 exactly the same, chrome on both pc and mac but I just tried on edge and firefox in PC and experience the same result. I’m guessing this has to do with bubble passing data to the tooltip since the more data to show in the tooltip the longer the flashes.

@alex4 do all the charts bar and line have the ability to set the y axis on log scale?

@paulogustavopeixoto thanks for reaching out!

@alex4 do all the charts bar and line have the ability to set the y axis on log scale?

Currently, there isn’t the option to use log scales for axes but I can add it to my backlog. Please let me know if there’s an urgent need for this and we can chat about how to prioritize it.

@aestela thanks for the extra context here. So you’re mostly experiencing this issue when there’s a lot of data on the tooltip?

Yes! when there’s only one series there is no flashing.

Hi guys,

Thanks for this thread and for this great plugin - one of the best I’ve seen.
Got a pretty basic question.

let’s say i’m building a Chart Pie/Donut.
I’ve gotta enter the Series Values.
May I create a Serie Value that’s basically “=100-[A dynamic Value]”

As in a really basic operation (a substraction) using a fixed number and a dynamic value.

Thanks for reading.
best,
Nico

Hi @alex4 , I am using scatter chart with time series. Now I also need to use time series for stepped line chart. Is it possible?

Hi @alex4

Thanks for the great plugin. When using the workflow action to “Add/update data series”, the series values are static and do not update when there is a change in the database. Is it possible to enable the data series to update automatically when there is a database change?
The reason I am using the workflow is because my app requires more than 6 data series which is a limit in the property inspector.

@Atomily hi there, thanks for reaching out!

When using the workflow action to “Add/update data series”, the series values are static and do not update when there is a change in the database. Is it possible to enable the data series to update automatically when there is a database change?

Yes, this should be possible. You can fire the update data series workflow action when there are changes in your Bubble database (you’d need to use the same series name in the action). Does that answer your question?

@Tetrev thanks for reaching out!

Hi @alex4 , I am using scatter chart with time series. Now I also need to use time series for stepped line chart. Is it possible?

Currently this isn’t possible, but I can add it to my backlog! Is this an urgent/must-have request?

Thanks for this thread and for this great plugin - one of the best I’ve seen.

Thanks for the kind words @nicolasrousseaux75 !

May I create a Serie Value that’s basically “=100-[A dynamic Value]”

Yes, this should be possible using the Basic List Calculator that comes free with the plugin. Does that help with your use case?

@alex4 For my app it is very important because I can’t do it using another chart types or without time series. If the feature can be added it will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hey @alex4 - I PMed you but haven’t heard back. Did you receive the message? I’ve had some issues in the past with personal messages on this forum

I had this same issue trying to display a custom tooltip containing an RG that was filtered by the X axis value… it only displayed that data on the first bar, but not any of the others.

@david60 thanks for sharing. Can you PM me a link to your editor so I can take a look? I’m not able to reproduce this one.

Hi @gbenchanoch thanks for bumping this one. I just responded!

Well I ended up removing the tool tip so it’s not an issue anymore. I may reach out with some other questions soon though :slight_smile:

@david60 ok, sounds good. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! Have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, I have read the manual and watched the video tutorials, however was not able to figure out on how to display the following in one chart:

I have a Thing called “Report”

Report ” has a field called “Report Type” and the type of the field is a thing called “Report Type

Report ” has a field called “Fiscal Week” and the type of the field is a thing called “Fiscal Week

For the X-Axis values I would like to display all “Fiscal Week ” numbers

For the Y-Axis values, I would like to display 3 different Series:

Total Count of reports per each Fiscal Week (All Report Types )

Count of total reports of Report Type = “Error” per each week

Count of total reports of Report Type = “Incident” per each week

Searching for all reports grouped by Fiscal Week

Searching for all reports with constraint Report Type = Error (Item #2)

Searching for all reports with constraint Report Type = Incident (Item #3)

X-Axis displaying Fiscal Weeks starting from Week 36 (2022) and ending with Week 10 (2023)

For the Series A (All Reports) - it is displaying correct total number of reports per week

For the Series B (Error) - it is also correct, because of during each fiscal week starting from week 36 there were error type reports

However for the Series C (Incident) it does not display correctly. The problem is, that before year 2023 (Fiscal Week 01) there were no Incident type of reports submitted, but the chart is displaying them incorrectly if they were submitted starting week of 36

@alex4 Great plugin - thank you for making it!

Is there a way to make the y-axis values display with two decimal places?

For example, my y-axis values are currently displaying as $35, $35.5, $36, $36.5. I would like them to display as $35.00, $35.50, $36.00, $36.50.

I see the field for “Y-Unit After” but can’t figure out how to format with 2 decimal places.

(Sorry if this has been explained before…)

Thanks!

Hello. New user here. Trying to get my hands on doing a bar chart but not able to make it work. I would need help getting kickstarted here:
I setup the bar chart to show to series of events from our ticket system: submitt and close tickets.

I want to see how many tickets are submitted and closed per day.

Sadly though there is nothing showing:

Also even though I am using unique elements in the X axis values, I am still getting duplicated dates:

If I use a different approach to draw my X axis, then all ticket events are somehow grouped into the first date, no matter the date I start with:

Moreover, it takes a long long time to load any graph. We can count to 25 before it shows on screen.

Hello @umiumansa , thanks for reaching out. We are glad to hear that we have new users who are liking to use our plug-in. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. I’ll look into this matter and get back to you 12 to 24 hrs.