[Plugin update 2023] ChartJS - Charts and Graphs (TechBlocks)

Hi @melissa7 , thanks for reaching out and for that feature request! This isn’t something that’s possible to set up/customize in the plugin yet, but we’ll add it to the backlog and will let you know if/when we build it out! How urgently do you need this one?

Hi! First off, your plugin is AMAZING. I highly recommend it to anyone needing charts.

The decimal place thing is not super urgent and not a critical part of my app.

If you get to it at some point, that would be great, it just looks a little funny because I’m using stock prices and it’s not the norm to display varying decimal places. But, I can live with it as-is :slight_smile:

In case this helps someone else, I did have some difficulty figuring out how to control the number of displayed decimal places for other charts that are using dynamic, calculated values. My charts were showing y-values like 8.94892052. (The data used in your demo charts is all based off whole numbers, so it didn’t come up as an issue.)

For my dynamic data/calculated value charts, I ended up using :ceiling in some cases and in other cases, I used a combination of the list calculator to multiply by 100 and then applied :ceiling.

One other small, very minor thing (non-urgent, not critical) - for pie/donut charts, it would be nice to have an option to display only the series label (not the value) - it gets clutter-y with the numbers.

Like this:

Not this:

1 Like

One other thing - I don’t think the font setting is working - I’m trying to use Inter, but I get the font in the images above (not sure what font it is). Also no big deal, just wanted to let you know.

1 Like

Hi @alex4 @help6

Great plugin - I’m enjoying using it so far.

I just have one issue with regards to the chart display on mobile which I was wondering if you’d be able to help with.

I have a Scatter/LinewithTime Graph which displays as per the image below. As you can see, labels and points taken off or opacity set to 0%.

However, on iOS (regardless of browser) the line is clipped and does not display fully:

I’ve tried playing around with the padding. old/new responsive editor, fixed width applied and it remained the same. I’m not sure if the issue is OS related or perhaps something else.

If there’s anything that you could suggest to overcome this issue that would be great as otherwise the plugin is perfect for what I need!

I’d appreciate help on this thank you.

Hello @JeremySimpson , thank you for you positive feedback about our plug in and for bringing this concern to our attention. Our team will look further into it and get back to you as soon as we figure out something to help you fix the issue.

1 Like

@umiumansa, Our team is currently working on this matter and trying to come up with a solution to help you with this concern.

1 Like

@melissa7, thank you for your positive feedback about our plug-in. About the decimal placement we will let you know immediately if we have an update about it. For your other concerns, I’ll have the team check on this and get back to you as soon as I have the solution for your issues.

1 Like

HI @umiumansa

In order to get around this, try using the advanced list calculator.

You can learn more about the Advanced List Calculators plugin and see it in action by visiting Advanced List Calculator for Charts | TechBlocks. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact TechBlocksCo support.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you find this suggestion helpful.

Hi I’ve found this issue has resolved once signing in as a User.

Thanks for your continued support. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @melissa7 ,

“Good news! we’ve pushed an update to the plugin in v4.38.140–once you upgrade the plugin you should see this new property for the Scatter Chart. How does this solution work for you?”

For pie/donut charts → It would be nice to have an option to display only the series label (not the value)This isn’t something that’s possible to set up/customize in the plugin yet, but we’ll add it to the backlog and will let you know if/when we build it out!

For the font setting issue → Yes, we tried changing the font on the plugins, but the graph font is not changing. We have received a report of this issue and it has already been added to our backlog and currently investigating it.

1 Like

Wow! You guys are amazing - thank you!!

I’m actually using the Chart-Bar/Line/Area - would you be able to implement this “yLabel Decimal Places” for that one also? If its not possible, I can switch chart types. (Sorry I didn’t specify my chart type - I didn’t realize that changes wouldn’t apply to all of the types!)

Wow! You guys are amazing - thank you!!

I’m actually using the Chart-Bar/Line/Area - would you be able to implement this “yLabel Decimal Places” for that one also? If its not possible, I can switch chart types. (Sorry I didn’t specify my chart type - I didn’t realize that changes wouldn’t apply to all of the types!)

Hey @melissa7 thanks for letting us know! We’ve pushed another update in v4.38.141 that enables the customization for “yLabel Decimal Places” for Bar/Line/Area charts as well.

Does that help for your use case?

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you SO much! Looks like it is working great!

3 Likes

Great to hear @melissa7 — let us know if you have any other requests!

Hi @alex4

A little while ago you added a “labels” option (alongside X and Y values) to the series settings in the Scatter/Line chart and the ability to specify “pointLabel” in the Data Label Text field - which is super helpful.

Any chance you could add the same feature to the Bubble chart?

Hi @liam1, thanks for the feature request – will add it to the backlog and keep you posted if/when we build it out.

By the way, may we know how urgent you need this feature?

Hi @alex4

Thanks for the response. It can get a little tricky and process heavy to do this if there are a lot of database changes happening constantly. Is it not possible that it would update in real time like a regular bubble chart?

Hi @Atomily thanks for reaching out! I’ll look into the request and get back to you next week!

2 Likes

Hi @help6 @alex4

When I used a 100% stacked horizontal bar chart and set “show data labels” to yes, the chart fails to render and I get a whole lot of error messages in my console. As soon as I change it to back “no” it works.