Printful x Bubble (need help on API)

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Printful API and Bubble? I was looking at it and the incorporation makes noooo sense yet.

This is my first API, so if you have any resources to learning about them and how they function, please do send me them.

thanks so much!

What are you trying to do with the Printful API?

Send orders back to Printful for their print on demand service.

From printful: The API for Printful will automate sending orders from your online store to our system, so that you don’t have to lift a finger. But in order to connect your store to Printful via API, you’ll have to hire a programmer to do that for you. You don’t need the API to use Printful. You can manually submit your orders.

You would just use URL with the following parameters via the API connector

https://developers.printful.com/docs/#tag/Orders-API/operation/createOrder

Are you building an app where people can log in using Printful and then you can do actions on behalf of them? Or are you trying to use the API for your own store?

Just use the API for the store, placing orders, etc.

I just have no experience with APIs and the entire process looks super daunting.
I see a bunch of code and I’m like “Oh Crap”

Gotcha – for your store only? The reason I ask is because Printful looks to support “Private Tokens” which are basically only for the stores on your account and OAuth which allows you to build an integration for other Printful users

Yup, just for my store. I’m basically building the ecommerce side of a brand on Bubble.

I could do this on Squarespace but it looks horrible.****

Plus, squarespace is just super fustrating to use.

Gotcha, any specific actions? You could just set this all up yourself in the API connector but I could just quickly build a free open source plugin that’ll help you and anyone else that needs to use Printful’s API :blush:

I mean, that would be awesome if you did.

What actions do you need?

Honestly everything that an integration with Printful and it’s partner e-com stores would do.

(They have some pre-set up ones, but for Bubble you need to use the API)

There’s a lot of API endpoints, is there any specific endpoints you need access to?

I’m assuming creating an order?

Yup. Creating an order.

I was looking at your bio, I noticed you have some pretty good experience with Bubble. Is there a way I can contact you?
I’ve tried to build numerous businesses with bubble (I got stuck in the middle each time because of a fatal flaw that ruined the business model lol) and sometimes I need to ask an expert something. People in the forum just give you a reply and never come back lol.

Im 17 btw so I have very little experience with coding. Self taught.

Sure, if you want to hire me just send me an email. The only type of free help I offer is via public forum posts :blush:

Okay, sounds good. I’ll email you if the need arises again.

I should’ve done this first, but there’s already a Printful Plugin in the Bubble Marketplace

1 Like

I saw that. costs money however. if you’re making a free one you’ll have more users.

Sure, but if there’s one already out there it doesn’t make sense for me to take the time to make another. You can use that or the API connector. Here’s a long form article on how to use the API Connector.

thanks man. I appreciate it.