Privacy rules - need help

Hello Bubblers

I am currently finalizing an app and setting privacy rules… I can’t figure out how to do the following rules… The app is a market place.

Users can create events, So users has a list of events attached to them and Events has a “creator” .

Events has list of attendees (users).

Regarding privacy rules, there’s some conditions I’d like to apply regarding users.
For example, If you are not current users, you cant have access to personnal infos (email / phone number…)

BUT, I am trying to allow Events creators to access to their attendees infos (phone number for example.)
I can’t figure how to do it ?
In the privacy rules I got 2 rules now. If “this user is current user” / and “everyone else”. So that everyone else cannot have access to the user private infos.
I am trying to build something like : When “current users” / “events” / "attendees " - contains - “this user”. And then set phone number accessible. But it seems we can only put conditions with one parameters only ? as When “current users” / “events” contains…

Can someone help ? Am I missing something ?
Thanks a lot

Solution found.
I finally had to create a “clients” field in the user data tab, which is a list of users.
I am adding users participating in an event in the event creators clients list.
And then I set a new privacy rule saying : When “current user’s client list contains this user”, have access to those fields.

I let the topic here as I assume it could be usefull for someone else.

An idea for privacy rules furture devloment :
it seems that we can only set rules based on a first level of data. I mean when you are setting the rules, for example, you can say : “when current users’ event contains this user”. Which doesn’t work as you are looking for a user type.
It would be very powerfull if we could say : “when user’s event’ participants list contains this user”.

I have no idea of how complex it would be to provide these levels but I assume it would save the headache of building a complex data system where you need to save data fields in different data types (adding more complexity and errors rate risk when building workflows), and further, at least in my case, will lighten database, make some workflows and backend workflows shorter, etc…

1 Like

I’m glad you found this an acceptable solution.

For me that seems like a lot of redundant data,…
I have a user > Company >< Search >< user

Where company can be the users company,… but in Search I also reference Company (some companies are part of the search results.
And multiple users can be with multiple searches.

So I could set the privacy rules to match the company match. Where this.company is current user company.
But I also want the company to be visible that belong to the search.
→ where this.company.list of searches contains current users.list of searches. !!

This last part isn’t accepted,… unless I’m doing something very wrong. Any suggestions?

Hi

I am not sure I get your use case. What I understood facing this is that if you want to allow privacy rules on a type of thing conditionned by an other you have to build a direct relationship between them in you DB structure.

You can’t go very deep regarding privacy rules so if you have a Data type with a list of things in it.
You can’t use a data field of this list of thing to set the condition.
As far as I understood. I wrote to bubble in their feature request to say it would be cool and a real improvment to go deeper when setting privacy rules…

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.