Redirect Desktop to Mobile

I understand I can send to page while loading but is there a way to save device or detect device and use that as a when condition for page loaded , then send to page: page_m?

I can’t find anything that would allow me to do so, or a working plugin that allows me to do it.

Have you tried this? You can specify the mobile version of a page and it’ll load that page if the user is on a mobile device. I’ll admit I’ve never used it though - so I’m not sure how well it works, but it might be worth trying out.

If you can though - try to build responsive pages vs. multiple versions of the same page for different screens. It’ll be way easier to maintain and will provide the best experience for users

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

2 Likes

The issue with the getting the responsive page to work is the repeating group I made for a round robin table. It will either be too long for mobile and wraps around to fit, or it fixes in place on desktop and won’t show the full table. It hasn’t been able to play nice. ultimately decided to make two separate pages. I appreciate the recommendation and I will try what you suggested in the first paragraph!
Thanks
-Jae

You can set any element on the page to hide/show based on the page width. This could be another workaround and is what I’d do in this situation.

So in this sort of case where I have something that I just can’t get to look good on mobile, I’ll create a new version optimized for mobile and then I’ll have the standard element hide once the screen resolution gets too small - say <1000px or 700px or wherever it starts to break.

Then I’ll have the mobile-optimized version showing only below that page width.

The benefit of doing this is you will maintain one page and everything else on that page will likely respond well.

It also means that if the user shrinks the page down on their desktop (I do this currently to show multiple windows) the page will respond well vs. needing to reload to get redirected to the mobile version.

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 12.10.49 pm

This does add a little bit of extra weight to your page, but Bubble has recently rolled out an update to address this and stops loading elements that are hidden, so hopefully the impact of duplicated elements will be little to none.

Josh @ Support Dept
Helping no-code founders get unstuck fast :rocket:save hours, & ship faster with an expert :man_technologist: on-demand

I post daily about no-code and Bubble on Twitter Follow Support Dept on Twitter

2 Likes