Relational data does not appear in the datatype.

When I created the field for each of the fields in the Agenda table, I created a related field type with other tables. However, the data that is defined as related does not appear in my datatype. How can I fix this?

Hi there, @itrusty… what does the workflow look like where you are creating a thing in the Agenda data type? Are you setting the relational fields to existing things in their associated data types?

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Why do you have so many fields in agenda that point to the same data type(example, you have 3 fields that point to produto). Seem you want data from produto to show there (like value), and not a relationship to produto.

2 Likes

I am creating a schedule where the data entered in the form goes to this database. The red data is the client’s name, which is related to the ‘nomeCliente’ table, but it doesn’t allow me to insert data.

I’m beginner, sorry for my lack of knowledge.

I confess that I have little knowledge in databases, but the idea would be to make the related fields appear in both tables.

This is not needed, and maybe that with the new WU, this may be something to rethink. Now, if you want to show it, the fields need to be the same type that you have in product (example: value is number, set it to number in agenda, and in WF you will use produto’s value when you set the field in agenda)

1 Like

That kind of defeats the point of related data… if they’re related they don’t need to appear in both tables.

2 Likes

Yup, I was eventually going to go where Jici and Adam went, but I wanted to see what you were doing in the workflow. If you want to relate one data type to another, you only need one field that relates the data types, and you will be able to access all of the related data through that field. Then, when you are setting a value for the related field in a workflow, you need to set the value to an existing thing in the related data type.

You might want to take a step back and work through the tutorials and watch some introductory videos because without a solid understanding of the basics of Bubble, you are going to struggle to get up what is a pretty steep learning curve.

2 Likes

I understand perfectly where I’m going wrong, I tried following some tutorials, but I ended up with this result. I will take a step back to start again. Thank you very much.

1 Like