Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Reseting Data Each Month

I’m trying to allow certain features of my app to premium members only. For non, premium members, I need to RESET a number in my User’s table.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Example: On the 1st of each month, “User’s Posts Remaining” resets to 50.

Thanks!!!

Scheduled API events, I haven’t used them yet…but I believe that is the solution.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve heard that was a possible solution but even with rereading the docs, it still seems confusing. I’ll have to figure it out somehow haha.

Thanks!

Can anybody else chime in here? I have the exact same question, but I don’t quite know where to start.

Do you mean …

On the 1st of the month reset all the counts … ?

Or … Reset the Counts 1 month after the User has signed up.

The former is much simpler, and I would suggest just having an admin button on a password protected page (or you could even run an API workflow from the Data Panel). So just do it manually on or around the 1st of the month.

The latter is tricker but not that hard, when the user signs up, you run an action in the workflow that schedules an API workflow for 1 months time. Passing in the User.

In that API workflow you would then just reset the User’s count.

Hey Nigel. Thanks for the help. I mean the former. That is, on the first of each month, a specific “yes/no” field should automatically reset to “no” for ALL users, preferably without any need for admin intervention.

Being the newbie that I am, I can’t quite figure out how and where to set this type of automatic trigger that would apply to all users. I would be mighty thankful if you could point me in the right direction.