šŸ¤Œ Rich text editor with real-time collaboration (Tiptap)

CleanShot 2023-04-22 at 09.33.37

:warning: BETA Release 1.13.2 - H2, H3, H4 + body are customizeable

• you can define the font-family of the body
  • however thereā€™s a bug if you change the font-family conditionally ā€“ Iā€™ve submitted a bug report already.

Between the Github sync failing, discovering bugsā€¦ this is a painful path.

Are you guys OK with defining margins with CSS, like this?
CleanShot 2023-04-22 at 09.29.49@2x

2 Likes

Release 1.13.3: :warning: BETA H5, H6, and table customization

1 Like

Release 1.13.4: :warning: BETA: Zebra color

• You can now set the odd rowā€™s background color

My app sudden threw this error when the workflow try to set content on the tiptap. It did not happen before. Please help.

The plugin Rich text editor (Tiptap.dev) / action Set content a Tiptap threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜commandsā€™)
at eval (PLUGIN_1670612027178x122079323974008830/Rich-text-editorā€“Tiptap-devā€“element_actionā€“Tiptap-Set-content-.js:6:23)
at https://imaworld.com/package/run_debug_js/af01048214c16a21f5feaa2b39e50e89e6160624bf703c5b410212d0241e1022/xfalse/x21/run_debug.js:11:2828088 (please report this to the plugin author)

I just checked a couple of installations and both set and insert content are working. Could you share the workflow that leads to this error? Could it be that the editor is not yet initialized when this command tried to run?

Hi Rico

Enjoying building with your plug-in.

Few items of feedback

• Ability to turn off shortcuts for styles, the app Iā€™m building is only allowing the user to pick H1, H2 styles so itā€™s inconvenient if H3-6 is still accessible through shortcuts.
  • Link styling - black with underlined hover is not the default pattern for most apps.
  • General text styling: Line height, word spacing, letter spacing
  • Use your appā€™s Styles for each type
  • A good way to do a link attachment without a popup, preferably a Group Focus near the highlighted text area

Love the plugin
Cheers!

Hello,
Does the plugin accept HTML as input?
Thank you !

Hi Rico,
Thank you for making such a great plugin, being able to access text in the rich text editor for the purpose of running workflows along with all the other functions available has been absolutely awesome.

Iā€™ve run into 1 challenge when it comes to formatting and populating the rich text field with content from results of a workflow. What seems to be happening is that the content added is wrapped in paragraph tags which I canā€™t seem to override. The initial content is nicely formatted, but when I refresh the field (via autobinding) it looses all formatting. Iā€™ve tried a number of strategies to override it, like find and replace, forcing other tags like applying heading tags (this option seems to work but doesnā€™t always suit my use case). Iā€™ve added a before and after rich-text display and database data examples.
Thank you again
Kim

When content is first populated:

After autobinding save:

database-2

Could you show me your setup?

A quick update, currently working on the real-time collaborative editor. Thanks to @bek

4 Likes

Release 1.14.0: Styles customization

2 Likes

Best to use the set content action. Check out this example: editor ā€“ demo.

I think I battled this Bubble property and autobinding so much I ā€œturned offā€ this feature.

1 Like

Do you have any solution donā€™t affect note? because if set the content, the last modified will be changed, I want the modified date was changed by change value input title or tiptap content update. Check out my source: demo and editor

Release 1.15.2: Editorā€™s content will change according to initial contentā€™s value

cc: @haonguyen

2 Likes

You can now support this project

2 Likes

Thank you for the release, Rico. But looks like the editor's content auto-updatesā€¦ like the gif attached.

chrome-capture-2023-4-8 (1)

Kim,

I think this is a core functionality of ProseMirror ā€“ the underlying engine of Tiptap. It removes all spaces between <tags>. Hereā€™s what your text looks like:

It wraps each paragraph a <p>.

What are you doing that you need to preserve the white spaces in the HTML? Could the plain text output not be useful in this case?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understand. Couldnā€™t you leave the initial content empty and then control its content with the set content action?

Also, Iā€™ve once had a case where I had to have more control over the dates of a item and I created my own date field. Maybe it could be applicable here?

1 Like

Yes, it does.

It took me a while to get to this, but you can now control a bunch of font parameters.