šŸ¤Œ Rich text editor with real-time collaboration (Tiptap)

I turned off TaskList, Placeholder, CharacterCount, TextAlign, Highlight

1 Like

Great plugin, thank you @rico.trevisan .

Quick question, is there a reason there is no option to modify the line height of the <p> text? I am currently doing it with some custom css targeting the proseMirror p class, but just thought it might be a nice addition.

Thanks again!

The reason is the extra wiring needed to set that up.
Iā€™m thinking of adding a field that allows users to change the CSS directly. So, each heading + p would have:

• font-face
  • font-weight
  • color
  • advanced options

I want to keep the first 3 so that it is easy for someone who doesnā€™t know CSS while giving you power-users the ability to change all of that.

A question to you guys: so far Iā€™ve been adding all these options as static text so that you can save them in the element styles. Is that OK or would you guys prefer dynamic fields (which then donā€™t fall under styles)?

1 Like

I canā€™t think of a reason Iā€™d need dynamic, but it always a nice option to have (especially on a multi-tenant app)

1 Like

I prefer dynamic that we can easily customā€¦
btw, I think we should xtra line-height. Bubbleā€™s text was trimmedā€¦ look so bad while we can affect on the line spacingā€¦

You can add some simple css:

<style>
.ProseMirror p {
line-height: 1.6;
}
</style>
1 Like

Release 1.16.1: Autobind tweak still doesnā€™t workā€¦ @rico.trevisan . It still save automaticallyā€¦

Release 1.18.1: fix errors due to missing extension.

see if this release fixes that.

Under the hood, Tiptap has a handful of extensions that need to be loaded by default. I removed those from the options. FYI: the extensions are: Document, Paragraph, Text, ListItem, CharacterCount.

It seems to be working. It doesnā€™t update until I change the body of the text (which then gives me an error because Iā€™m not logged in).

Take it for a spin before I push this update: https://tiptap-plugin.bubbleapps.io/version-test/doc-switcher2

Release 1.19.0: added ADV options + cleaned up set content + better logging

• h1-6 and p have a field where you can add your own CSS properties
  • fixed an issue with set content not working the first time if you had no initial content
  • if you do activate an extension and you tried to use that extension, Tiptap will no longer crash, but will console.log an error.

Iā€™ve tried a bunch of edge cases combinations for the set content vs initial content, but Iā€™m not sure I covered them all. Any feedback here would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

viewer and debug

When open my site, youā€™ll see some things always update (in case: The Tiptap content updatedā€¦) - I dont know some conditions make it run

Let check again, Rico. I think your conditions: " Iā€™ve added a check to see if the noteā€™s value is different than the current editor value:

• true ā†’ it saves data
  • false ā†’ it doesnā€™t"
    doesnā€™t workā€¦

Thanks a lot cause your hard work!!!

You got an infinite loop.

1 Like

Yep, I see the problems from Tiptap content are always run

Release 2.0.0: real-time collaboration

You will need an account with Tiptap (collab.tiptap.dev).

Iā€™m going to update the demo app.

1 Like

I had to turn off the access to the editor because it exposes my API keyā€¦ :thinking:

Thatā€™s great. Thanks for the update!

It there a simple way to change the line spacing? The text I have are a bit to dense together. If we can change the line spacing somewhere, that would be awesome.

Thanks, Rico. Awesome Plugin

1 Like

Itā€™s not the most obvious, but you can do it like this:

Nonetheless, it would be nice if the plugin editor allowed the Bubble native line-height. Iā€™ll request that feature. Until then, use some CSS in the p_adv field (which I recognize needs a better namingā€¦)

Thatā€™s awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!